No Taking Your Kids Out Of School!

Bambster

The authorities stated that you aren't just allowed to take your kids out of school willy-nilly without getting in trouble.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Police-trea...o-an.4784327.jp

Unless of course you are a rozzer. Douglas kids were taken out of school for the day to go to the Palace Cinema and watch Kung-Fu Panda and trod popcorn into the carpet.

The authorities stated that you aren't just allowed to take your kids out of school willy-nilly without getting in trouble.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Police-trea...o-an.4784327.jp

Unless of course you are a rozzer. Douglas kids were taken out of school for the day to go to the Palace Cinema and watch Kung-Fu Panda and trod popcorn into the carpet.

Ace, I loved the police treat when I was little. Shame they don't do it for all schools. Shame you have to piss on it with cynicism about the absentee rules. This of course is completely different, as the whole class is taken so they kids won't miss out of lessons and fall behind.

I used to go the policeman's treat when it for underprivileged kids and consisted of a hotpot, followed by jelly & blancmange and a small bag of sweets - with either a variety show or cartoons to watch.

It was an attempt to show kids that the police were not just the scary authority figures that we thought them to be - something that, unfortunately, has worked all too well over the years.

Word on the street is that the Department has backtracked of their term time absence policy as it's unworkable.

Anyone have further details?

The word on the street needs to read three month old threads on this forum so it is better informed.

The word on the street needs to read three month old threads on this forum so it is better informed.

The Education Minister in the Kouse of Keys debate 25 November on the Education (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill stated:

Mr Gill was happy that we were doing the special needs assessment, touched on clause 5. He referred to

the threat of prosecution for those people who were not attending school, and in fact that was also something

that Mr Malarkey touched on, and their concern that people who were going on unauthorised holidays would

find themselves in the position of being under a threat of prosecution. I would like to assure Hon. Members

that is far from what could practically be achieved. We would have to be looking at… Attendance would be

about 70 per cent before we would be starting down the route of taking parents through a formal prosecution,

and so the amount of days that would be used on holiday would go nowhere near to contribute to that line of

action.

The aim of the iniative is to preserve the good relationship between schools, police and local businesses.

What? What do local businesses have to do with this? Am I not thinking well on this?

Did you read it:

"Constable Nelson wished to thank Adrian Brockhouse of the Sefton Group for the use of the cinema, Janet Powell of Tesco's and Bill Kewley of Agrimark for providing selection boxes and soft drinks, H. E. Richards for providing pop corn, and the DTL for assisting with transport."

Did you not get a brillo pad and a packet of alpen/weetabix?

Nah. I got a record with the centre missing

:D I had a few of them! I think they were out of Juke Boxes. I had a little plastic adaptor thing. I remember that Eye of the Tiger by Survivor was one such 7" in my collection.

The Education Minister in the Kouse of Keys debate 25 November on the Education (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill stated:

Mr Gill was happy that we were doing the special needs assessment, touched on clause 5. He referred to

the threat of prosecution for those people who were not attending school, and in fact that was also something

that Mr Malarkey touched on, and their concern that people who were going on unauthorised holidays would

find themselves in the position of being under a threat of prosecution. I would like to assure Hon. Members

that is far from what could practically be achieved. We would have to be looking at… Attendance would be

about 70 per cent before we would be starting down the route of taking parents through a formal prosecution,

and so the amount of days that would be used on holiday would go nowhere near to contribute to that line of

action.

So? How is this of any relevance whatsoever to what you said? Dickhead.

Archived