Roly Drower

Pat Ayres

A local poet and e-reporter, Roly Drower. Owner of 'Manxman.com', has died, aged 57, of a heart attack.

I knew him briefly and found him to be a very intelligent and honourable man. .

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been subject to some pretty horrendous treatment from the bully boys and the establishment on this Island myself, costing me near £100,000 and a few years ripped out of my life, I could relate to Roly and he was one of few that understood and I could talk to.

A decent, intelligent, courageous bloke.

Lots of stuff happens on this Island. He knew.

My thoughts are with Roly's family and many friends.

Stating the obvious, but can people concentrate on paying their respects rather than using this topic to tirade against anyone in particular. I shouldn't need to mention that certain people will be F5ing this thread waiting for something. Thanks.

A very honest, intelligent and caring man, no pretensions or bullshit.

Incredibly talented musician, poet and friend, I will miss him loads.

Me too Matty, me too. We were just talkign about him last week. Can someone let me know when the funeral is?

I spent hours at Roly's years ago trying to think up new music at the farm (If matty is the matty I am thinking of, then we spent a fair few hours round the kitchen table) and lusting after his bathroom decoration (hope it goes to a good home).

I remember one day nipping down to Port Soderick to go fishing early morning low tide, and on the far right, at the furthest most rock, a lone figure poised like a cormorant patiently waiting; I watched slightly bemused for a good 15 minutes, then gone..into the sea....Roly. I recall the childish grin when he told me he had named a song 'Drowning Zoe' on the Pigs like cheese album (I had an ex called Zoe, so he knew it would cheer me up).

If they have the tinterweb in the sky, sorry I didn't catch up with you as much as I maybe could have. Rest in peace mate, nobody will be taking anything more from you now.

It's so pleasing to see so many heartfelt tributes to Roly.

He was a nice guy who I didn't get to spend enough time with, I missed an invite to go on his canal boat once, unfortunately.

RIP Roly

Archived