Ideas For The Island To Make Some Money

Bieryes

I been thinking you see about these many million pounds of money that government need to have to find with people having opportuned it away.

Good sound ideas will be needed and maybe these are frivlous written looking but they are meant well. So here goes and you help too if you like

Firstly -

Policeman sit at qarterbrideg or busy place and take down all number of car that do movbile phone . This is $300 each one and very soom in minutes even there will be many thousand pound for you. Within months or weeks even there will be a lot of the debt paid for.

Secondly with cigaretten.

These are what economists say are flexible comodity or is it inflexible commodity I forget. Its no matter. But the idea being for you put up to say $20 a packet. People stop nxt day and say “too much, I’m not paying that” but in a week or month they are NEARLY all back smoking as before because of addiction or want. Some will stop but they are few and the increase in government take is still very healthy despite the loss from those managed to do it.

So you see things are not so bad because we can find moneys in vary ways to pay off debt. As long as we all have positive outlook and don’t get down in the dump.

Can others suggest things too and then we can tell politician look we care and have come up with ideasa for you to peruse and action. Any others?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parking meters in Douglas.

Light up MEA fibre optic cable

Increase income tax by 1% on high earners

Tax on second vehicle (private)

Get rid of most MHKs

get rid of the horse trams

Scrap Ramsey pier

Nationalize Douglas Gas, telecom and others

Parking meters in Douglas.

Light up MEA fibre optic cable

Increase income tax by 1% on high earners

Get rid of most MHKs

get rid of the horse trams

Scrap Ramsey pier

Nationalize Douglas Gas, telecom and others

Small change.

Remove verification of source of funds and KYC requirements.

2 fingers to the EUTSD

Govt levy .1% on all monies invested.

£140,000,000 would take about 2 years....

Small change.

Remove verification of source of funds and KYC requirements.

2 fingers to the EUTSD

Govt levy .1% on all monies invested.

£140,000,000 would take about 2 years....

Go the whole hog! Abandon the common purse.

Set, collect and keep own duty (say about 50% on cost) on petrol, beer & spirits, tobacco products etc.

Set, collect and keep own VAT on other goods.

Out of curiosity, how would you define a seond vehice? I have a car, my wife has a car, presumably neither are a second vehicle as we only own one each?

I would define it as a second car belonging to anyone household as such, though I am not in favour of taxing a second vehicle as running a car costs enough as it is!!

I would define it as a second car belonging to anyone household as such, though I am not in favour of taxing a second vehicle as running a car costs enough as it is!!

We'd use more fuel doing more miles if we only had one car between us

Make it a law that painters and decorators have to paint one building for free, for every one that they charge for!

It might not make any money for the island but it will make it look nice and it'll keep painters and decorators too busy to post on internet forums!

Stav.

Make it a law that painters and decorators have to paint one building for free, for every one that they charge for! how about sacking telecom and government workers that spend all day on the forums and get paid by the public :P

It might not make any money for the island but it will make it look nice and it'll keep painters and decorators too busy to post on internet forums and keep the cost of phone calls down and cost cutting for Gov departments!

Stav.

Thats why we do several pensioners flats each year for free

Archived