Groves Road Junction

Smeagle

Do You Agree Its Stupid And Was Better As It Was, It Catches A Lot Of people out and if you want to go straight on from quarterbridge (which most people do) you have to cut back across on the other lane...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could they not spend the money on re surfacing a whole road maybe instead of patching it up, that would be amazing... the sea terminal is good i think, well it saves us a lot of time at work so i like that

idontuseitmuchbutitdoeseemabitmentalhowtheyvelaiditout

dontyoujusthateapoorlayout???

...GOMH*...

yeah, that was a bit awkward to read though...

I Agree That It Was Much Better The Way It Was. I Can See What They Were Trying To Do But They Havent Improved Anything With This Work And They Should Go Back And Rethink It Again.

Now you're getting the hang of it, it doesn't actually matter that the new layout is not an improvment on the original,as long as you are seen to be doing something!. The D.O.T. has one of of the the biggest budgets in gov'mt and has to spend it somewhere.While we're on the subject ,has anybody noticed the similarity between the crows nest and a circus big top?.

Seems pretty pointless tbh - if you are travelling from South from Douglas they should have made a permanent left filter lane in with a give way line so that traffic heading north and turning right had right of way.

Or of course they could just let us turn left on red...

It is a great layout. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Cars going towards Castletown = lots therefore they have a very short filter lane

Cars going to Groves Road = very few therefore they have a very long lane.

Occasional car turning right and holding up traffic = putting the largest volume of traffic in the right hand lane

Cars turing left and not holding up any traffic = give them a lane to themselves

Cars going straight on = put their lane straight in the path of vehicles coming from the other direction

See. It is totally logical.

For my next trick I will be creating a new main route to the south of the Island that has a frequently opening bridge in the middle of it (plus 65,000,000 more roundabouts)

Vote me for transport minister :blink:

It is a great layout. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Cars going towards Castletown = lots therefore they have a very short filter lane

Cars going to Groves Road = very few therefore they have a very long lane.

Occasional car turning right and holding up traffic = putting the largest volume of traffic in the right hand lane

Cars turing left and not holding up any traffic = give them a lane to themselves

Cars going straight on = put their lane straight in the path of vehicles coming from the other direction

See. It is totally logical.

For my next trick I will be creating a new main route to the south of the Island that has a frequently opening bridge in the middle of it (plus 65,000,000 more roundabouts)

Vote me for transport minister :blink:

oh fiddlesticks im from the south...

what was wrong with it as the way it was?

Can we really complain about something that makes southerners reluctant to come to Douglas?

im not reluctant i have to get to work but its still stupid. foxdale should be isolated, whats wrong with southerners?

...whats wrong with southerners?

Sounds like that could be a whole new thread! :lol:

ok done... :P

I've seen people heading south from douglas going through the lights when just the left turn filter is on loads of times.

Plenty of near misses with traffic coming out of groves road.

It's not that hard to see it's a green arrow pointing left and the other one is still on red :unsure:

Archived