Cheap Phone Calls And No Roaming Charges On Manx Payg Sim?

Busby

My Vodafone Simm has just expire so I thought I would look around for a replacement - and I found this..

Yes - its a Manx +447624 number!

Got the feeling its a bit like Manx Meat being sold in Liverpool cheaper than the Isle of Man.

Question is - why haven't we been offerd the same deal by MT instead of these charges?

busby2.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where does it show you how much a per minute cost of a call is on the 0044 site?

LT

Calling from United Kingdom to... Cost to make a call

United Kingdom Landline £0.10 per minute

United Kingdom Mobile £0.24 per minute

UK 0800 - Freephone Landline £0.10 per minute

Cost to receive a call Cost to send an SMS Cost to receive an SMS

£0.00 per minute £0.08 £0.00

Voicemail Customer care Check balance

£0.10 per minute £0.10 per minute FREE

Here

busby2.jpg

that's amazing !

UK Phone number

The unique feature of the CallBlue SIM card is its UK number. Other Global SIM card operators provide a Liechtenstein or an Estonian mobile number, consequently their call quality is not as high and it costs 45p/min+ (depending on the landline provider) to call the SIM card!!

Our Global SIM has a UK (Isle of Man) mobile phone number. Therefore from a BT landline it only costs 12.6p/min (peak) and 11.8p/min (off-peak) to call the SIM wherever it is in the world!

This means that your contacts save a massive 70% when calling our SIM card as opposed to calling any other global SIM. This is a vital consideration to make if you want to be regularly contacted by friends, family and business colleagues whilst abroad.

Registered office address: 0044 Ltd, 2 Chapel Court, Holly Walk, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK, CV32 4YS

You need to highlight the point that it uses CallBack technology.

I have done the same on VoIP systems, dial a number, check the callerid, call them back with a dial tone. Thing is, some people find this one big pain in the arse. Using the same technology, you can also "send a contact" to a given SMS number, the system will call you back and connect you. Maybe I'm wrong and people won't see this as a pain in the arse, in which case I'll enhance it...

Yes, I'm trying to find a reason for not replacing my existing SIM with a CallBlue one - I must be missing something..

Am I??

I understand the numbers go +447624 1xxxxx - thought those were reserved for special services, like Radio Stations [Energy 07624 166666]

I will report back when mine arrives..

Yes, I'm trying to find a reason for not replacing my existing SIM with a CallBlue one - I must be missing something..

The Callback means, there's an extra delay whilst dialling. Basically your phone will call their system, it checks your CallerID, then calls you back with a dial tone. Thats the impression I get, although it is slightly vague.

I understand the numbers go +447624 1xxxxx - thought those were reserved for special services, like Radio Stations [Energy 07624 166666]

hmm maybe. Maybe when MT work out what's going on they'll put a stop to it. All seems a bit strange. Unless this 0044 has cut some kind of deal, who knows. Let us know when you get your card.

You need to highlight the point that it uses CallBack technology.

I have done the same on VoIP systems, dial a number, check the callerid, call them back with a dial tone. Thing is, some people find this one big pain in the arse. Using the same technology, you can also "send a contact" to a given SMS number, the system will call you back and connect you. Maybe I'm wrong and people won't see this as a pain in the arse, in which case I'll enhance it...

Yes, I know what you are saying, and you have to weigh up the pros and cons - but... price can be a major factor - and its only a minor issue [in my mind anyway].

To be able to use my Manx Mobile around the world without a premium is a big bonus, not to mention the cheap calls home..

Yes, I know what you are saying, and you have to weigh up the pros and cons - but... price can be a major factor - and its only a minor issue [in my mind anyway].

To be able to use my Manx Mobile around the world without a premium is a big bonus, not to mention the cheap calls home..

After some googling it seems its a common idea through several providers... I realise the cost savings are great, give me a few weeks and I'll do something similar!

The Callback means, there's an extra delay whilst dialling. Basically your phone will call their system, it checks your CallerID, then calls you back with a dial tone. Thats the impression I get, although it is slightly vague.

My 02 used to work like that, you dial a prefix, *#xxx#, then the number - the phone cuts off, then rings and you are connected - no problem really - just save the prefix in your phonebook and add it to your contacts.

Its almost seamless...

busby2.jpg

http://www.globalsimcard.co.uk/

Again, Manx Mobile numbers - I think MT will be putting a stop to this. I think this ties in with their new Roaming structure - most of these companies are using Manx PrePaid Sims... Hmmm

Looking at the pricing structure, the 0044 service is the cheapest although Global have some interesting features.

The thing I don't understand is, if you buy a Pronto Go card you pay roaming charges but these people don't charge for roaming..

How do they do it??

I seem to remember my sister when she comes on holiday with her phone she has to enter a whole string of stuff with stars and hashes to get it to call a UK number

( I also wondered if Tesco will do anything about their call rates when using their IP-phone to call their tesco mobiles, but suppose they have to pay O2 for the mobile system )

Archived