Spoil Your Ballots!

Declan

Bare with me on this one!

According to Frances' excellent Manx Notebook

John Brydson (of Oristall, Malew) (fl. 1611)

:

John Bridson (of Oristall Malew)

|

Paul Bridson Alice Joyner

(1693-1771) | (1710-1755)

|

William Bridson = Ann Cosnahan Thomas Ridgway = Mary Bentley

(1735-1799) | (1731-1812) (1738-1816) | (d.1803)

+---------+ +------------------+-----+---- - - -

| | |

Paul Bridson = Mary Ridgway Alice Ridgway = Thomas Harrison

(1766-1820) | (1772-1817) (1784-1856) (MHK 1819/1827)

+------+------+-------+---------+-----------+-----------+

| | | | | |

Thomas Ridgway Mary Ann Sarah Paul John James Hugh

(1795-1863) (1797-1872)(1803-1866) (1808-1876) (1811-1875) (b.?1816 emigrated to Australia)

Paul Bridson I was Deputy Searcher Douglas, William and Paul II were both merchants in Douglas. Thomas Ridgway was a cotton bleacher of Horwich Lancs. Thomas Harrison, who married Mary Ridgway's sister, was a partner to Paul Bridson II. Thomas Ridgway, cotton bleacher was Mayor of Bolton 1847/8, married Sarah Mathews, their children were based in Bolton.

(source)

Thomas Ridgeway Bridson turns up on this page.

His family tree can be followed through

Thomas Ridgeway Bridson II

Augustus William Bridson

To

May Augusta Ridgeway Bridson

Who became a music hall performer under the name of "Celia Ridgeway", who "while married to a photographer, ... became pregnant ... during a relationship with another performer, Charles Parsons. He was a comedian and escapologist with the stage name Jimmy Lynton."

This child, Leo, was adopted by a a Glasgow couple.

Leo grew up and had a son who will soon be looking for a new job!

• 2 weeks later...

What happened next? If Tony Blair really has a Manx Bridson grandmother, how come Manx Radio and Isle of Man Newspapers haven't turned this into headline news?

We need this kudos. Once Norman metaphorically pines for the fjords, we will only have Jeremy and Robin Gibb to give us any international status. Do you see what I did there?

• 3 years later...

What happened next? If Tony Blair really has a Manx Bridson grandmother, how come Manx Radio and Isle of Man Newspapers haven't turned this into headline news?

Bet he's got a Manx bank account too. ;)

all this is well known - eg look at http://www.isle-of-man.com/cgi-bin/interests/genealogy/bulletin/index.pl?noframes;read=498714 which dates from 2004 - was 'exposed' in the Daily Mail - however they missed that Paul Bridson became rich by cheating on his employer - his job was to collect the import duties on goods during the boom years of Douglas pre 1765 - the old Fort (site now marked by the roundabout for new bridge near Police station was known as Paul Bridson's parlour

what ever happened to dtcb?

Whatever happened to Billy Boot and that head that went floating around seeing things and that there Jack Woods too.

Where is the original steven?

and Nessa?

....Vader?

....Yoda?

and so many more.

• 3 years later...

The local paper I think reproduced a picture of the Blair ancestor and if I recall aright he had a similar high forehead look and same sort of hair...More to the point, when they go to the Whitehouse do they tell of how Blair's wife Cherie Booth's great great or whatever it is Grandad's brother was John Wilkes Booth the actor who shot Abraham Lincoln in Ford's Theatre, Washington DC?...

Archived