Trip Down Memory Lane!

hannahsmummy1

I love looking at old photos of the isle of man! My nana has some cracking pics she took in the lido where my grandad used to work, i remember the lido as well! I also remember the little lift that used to from the prom up to falcon cliff- anyone else remember it? Also remember the 2 cinemas in town- and that i saw my first film in one of them -cant remember which one tho! Galaxy-anyone remember that? More to the point does anyone know where i could see pics of any of the above? Thanks!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, The Lido - it brings back warm and sticky memories!

Remember when Pete Waterman and Michaela Strachan came over for their late night tv thing - can't remember its name though.

And anyway, you're not old gregg - I'm old gregg!

Remember when Pete Waterman and Michaela Strachan came over for their late night tv thing - can't remember its name though.

The hitman and Her !!!

I was there !!!! lol

The hitman and Her !!!

I was there !!!! lol

You lucky bugger! I used to love watching that when I got in from a night out back in the day - mmmm Michalea :P

I was a touch too young for the lido as a pissup location although I remember going there to see Ideal Home Exhibition a few times! And some BMX thing there where they had a half pipe I think.

Cut my drinking teeth at the Academy. Such a sad loss when it went. :(

.... but your shoes used to stick to the carpet in the Lido :)

cinemas - Royalty, Regal, Picture House, Strand, Cresent, and not too far away, Onchan

There's loads of old pictures in the museum library if you get a chance, went in there many years ago and they came out with a couple of huge albums the size of carpet sample books, and that was just east coast and harbours ! ~ seem to remember going home for lunch about 3.30 !

post-4218-1169562025_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much last ten!

I recently picked up a colour Summerland Tourist Broucher as published by Trust House around 1973 (cost a few quid of ebay!).

Its 16 pages long and has some very interesting pictures of Summerland and the Aqauadrome. Its also got some class 70's adverts too!

If someone has as website (as i don't) that they can put them on let me know and i'll scan in the broucher and i'll send it to you.

post-4218-1169562025_thumb.jpg
Thanks very much last ten!

I recently picked up a colour Summerland Tourist Broucher as published by Trust House around 1973 (cost a few quid of ebay!).

Its 16 pages long and has some very interesting pictures of Summerland and the Aqauadrome. Its also got some class 70's adverts too!

If someone has as website (as i don't) that they can put them on let me know and i'll scan in the broucher and i'll send it to you.

Try uploading them to http://www.imageshack.us and post the links on here?

Archived