Coast

Gladys

Next Sunday's Coast will feature the Isle of Man.

It's a very interesting series and features the less well known and quirky aspects of the British Isles' coastline. Shall we see if the RNLI connection will be noted?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched it last night and was quite pleased to note it's the IOM this sunday. I presume it's a repeat isn't it? Not seen it anyway so I will look forward to it.

I watched it last night and was quite pleased to note it's the IOM this sunday. I presume it's a repeat isn't it? Not seen it anyway so I will look forward to it.

No this is a new series so you haven't missed it yet.

Coo! For some reason I thought they'd done the IOM ages ago and that I must have missed it.

It's a fascinating program anyway.

Slightly different but people who are looking forward to seeing the IOM one would probably enjoy the video which is I think called "The Isle of Man by air" or similar.

Coo! For some reason I thought they'd done the IOM ages ago and that I must have missed it.

It's a fascinating program anyway.

Slightly different but people who are looking forward to seeing the IOM one would probably enjoy the video which is I think called "The Isle of Man by air" or similar.

I also have 'The Shore' and the two Curitosities DVDs. Great viewing, but preaching to the converted in my case!

I also have 'The Shore' and the two Curitosities DVDs. Great viewing, but preaching to the converted in my case!

Aye, the curiosities ones were quite enjoyable.

Is the shore one any good then?

Can't believe they made a second series of this tosh.

As opposed to ongoing 'good' telly like, say, Eastenders or Big Brother?

What's not to like?

Well Big Brother has jumped the shark this series, and Eastenders has been stuggling a bit since the return of the Mitchells, but these are mindless entertainment programmes, there is no pretense that they are anything different.

But Coast is simply moronic T.V. that presents itself as intelligent. It's like a Daily Mail "Birds of Great Britain" wallchart. Makes middle England feel all good about themselves because they can pretend it's improving, when really all their doing is enjoying the pretty pictures.

If they want to make trashy TV they should go ahead and make it, if they want to make intelligent and thought provoking television they should crack on. What I object to is when they attempt to passthe former off as the latter.

Archived