[BBC News] Gull sculpture designs submitted

Newsbot

I think the difference this time is that funding has been agreed.

Like every other bit of public art that has ever been commissioned people will whinge about it for years.

Then eventually, when it is due to be removed, there will be an outcry and a campaign will be started for it's preservation.

I bet the Victorian residents of Ramsey played up fuck when the Queens Pier was proposed.

Giant plastic shitehawk

but again, we should ask if it is a seagull or just a plain gull.

Maybe he who leads us in Douglas can talk at us about that

Computer generated image can be found HERE

"Four other artists on the programme have been commissioned to design seating for the area."

How hard is that? If they get asked to design the lighting - perhaps we will get a definitive answer to 'how many artists does it take to screw in a lightbulb'. Get a proper job FFS!

SeagullStatueedit1.jpg

I wouldn't park my car under that, missus!

Let's get a RAT on a tripod for the other side of the bridge, and then welcome our visitors to the marina with a banner between the two "The vermin of the Island welcomes you to Douglas"

To be entirely accurate, that would require a representation of the House of Keys by the bridge as well.

Computer generated image can be found HERE

"Four other artists on the programme have been commissioned to design seating for the area."

How hard is that? If they get asked to design the lighting - perhaps we will get a definitive answer to 'how many artists does it take to screw in a lightbulb'. Get a proper job FFS!

SeagullStatueedit1.jpg

I wouldn't park my car under that, missus!

Is this the Weigh of the Gull? Or, The Gull that got himself hooked on an angler's line because nobody left the bin bag takeaways out.

It looks more like a red kite than a gull to me, and I'm no Bill Oddie.

jane_redkite.jpg

This is absolutely hillarious, I don't believe it. It is however true, I can't wait to see it, really I can't. The New Emporers New Clothes (blatantly stolen from various places but, I feel it is quite apt), a seagull on a stick. :D

Archived