Seacat Stuff

Tempus Fugit

Looks like Seacat Emeraude France has finished its charter

That's a pity, I thought the Emeraude was better than the other Seacat that had the collision in the Mersey

they don't seem to suffer the blockages in the intakes like SSC2 does, that can give ou a bit of a shake-up until they wind it down, I had wondered why it only did 20kt on some trips until it swallowed something one day we were on it and it was as if a wheel had fallen off the trolly, and we had to wait until calmer waters to go asten and spit the rubbish out again !

• 3 months later...

I don't care what it's called, at least they seem to have spelt it correctly, unlike the panoramic view on the Ben's outer deck.

I still have to travel first class because I can see if it's about to hit anything like it did earlier this year.

• 4 months later...

At her current speed, she won't make it over here tonight!

Looks like she might just be out on sea trials today - must need to be able to prove she can be trusted at sea before being released to start service?

Looks like Seacat Emeraude France has finished its charter, presently tootling about in the Mersey, with AIS showing destination London, ETA Sept 7 at 10.00

I can't believe the SR aren't still involved somehow - especially if it's going to take 5 months to get to London from Liverpool.

Looks like Seacat Emeraude France has finished its charter, presently tootling about in the Mersey, with AIS showing destination London, ETA Sept 7 at 10.00

I can't believe the SR aren't still involved somehow - especially if it's going to take 5 months to get to London from Liverpool.

that was sept 2007 :(

yesterday's trip seemed to be trials along the N Wales coast and back,

now leaving the mersey showing ETA Douglas Apr 24 12.15

Archived