Crysis

Cupra

out of the box, with no tweaks, the benchmarks supplied with the game gave me an average of 28fps.

Spec of my Shuttle is

AMD 64 4200

2Gb Memory

Nvidia 7900Gt video card.

BTW, I don't know what resolution that was running as I've not actually tried running the game yet, just the benchmarks

It's ok. It looks nice and pretty and shiny on my ninja pc. Wasn't really enough to distract me from the metric ton of other good games around right now. It's really just a tech demo for people to fap over their framerates. I did play a couple of hours of it earlier this week but I really did get bored.

The demo bored the shit out of me, it's Far Cry, but a bit prettier.

I was able to run at 1280x960 with everything on high and with AA, (demo doesn't support ultra-high), and it still didn't particularly impress me.

I've been playing through HL2 again recently, and y'know, the Source engine still looks pretty damned good today, graphics just can't really get that much better within the confines of the displays we currently have - as such, since Crysis is largely a tech-fanboys' wanking sock as opposed to a thoroughbred game, I'll be giving it a miss.

(Far Cry started off well, but the shitty TriGen bits truly did smack of "Ummm we spent so much time on the engine we couldn't really finish the game off properly.")

Back to Portal I think, Level 19 hurts my head.

Archived