[BBC News] Attempted robbery at post office

Newsbot

He probably went back in an hour later to cash his giro

Surely, that comment is non-pc, as it implies that only because it's in pully, giro & benefits were involved?

I am quite sure the good people of the friendly Pulrose neighbourhood are hard working, honest and decent citizens and would not appreciate such suggestions.

Only 4 years til the next election - can't start early enough these days...

Has anyone ever got away with armed robbery over here? Must be the thickest person in the world, I hope he gets " ham bapped for fun like " with extra mayo.

If someone were clever enough to get away with armed robbery, they are hardly likely to admit to it on the tinternet

No I meant as in Manx rumors you bell end!

Surely, that comment is non-pc, as it implies that only because it's in pully, giro & benefits were involved?

I am quite sure the good people of the friendly Pulrose neighbourhood are hard working, honest and decent citizens and would not appreciate such suggestions.

Your flogging a dead horse down there mate, they all plumped for Phil Kermode

You need a more erudite & worldly constituency, like Hampstead or Fulham

Re above.

There are some rather select areas in Douglas South. Mind you, with Amadeus being a bit of a TV star these days, he should perhaps go for Douglas West say.

That bloke who did the robbery that was videod, down at the Castle Mona shops seems to have got away with it. He wasn't armed though - just rather fat and clumsy.

Armed robbery on the Isle of Man . . . . I think in modern times it all started down at Castletown in the 1980s. I think he would probably have got away with it if he hadn't paid off all his debts straight away and bought everyone a drink down the pub. Something like that anyway. They was hard times and someone with a bit of cash was easy to spot back then.

Your flogging a dead horse down there mate, they all plumped for Phil Kermode

You need a more erudite & worldly constituency, like Hampstead or Fulham

A little bit of John Smith coming out methinks?

Has anyone ever got away with armed robbery over here? Must be the thickest person in the world, I hope he gets " ham bapped for fun like " with extra mayo.

If someone were clever enough to get away with armed robbery, they are hardly likely to admit to it on the tinternet

No I meant as in Manx rumors you bell end!

Oh, sorry

If it's just rumours your after then there's loads of ex armed robbers living here

They live in those huge houses with high walls and CCTV everywhere, my mate fitted a kitchen in one and he said the owner had "had it away on his toes " a few times and "never had his collar felt"

He "blagged a security van" in "a right caper" then banked all the "moody money" using a " dodgy brief"

Archived