Vat Cut & Iom Govt Income

pongo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if VAT gets cut tomorrow as widely predicted - does the IOM Govt's income decline?

Yep, it screws us over pretty bad as we're more reliant on vat than the uk government.

Also interesting that there's provisions for tax free offshore dividends as well as a host of other cuts. Course, the UK isn't a tax haven though, is it? Definitely not!

So if VAT gets cut tomorrow as widely predicted - does the IOM Govt's income decline?

i dont think 2 % will tuch us.

Of course it will, we have a common agreement with the UK re VAT and customs. Whatever the UK decide, we'll follow.

Should cause some fun at work, I remember when it last went up how customers were keen to get an invoice before the work had even been done.

Listening to Sunday opinion today, whoever was on reckoned that the isle of man will have a shortfall of £50m did i hear that correct? if its true we are in the shit.

The VAT income estimate for 2008/9 in the 'Pink Book' is around £340 million. Knock 2% of that and I make it around a shortfall of £7 million.

Listening to Sunday opinion today, whoever was on reckoned that the isle of man will have a shortfall of £50m did i hear that correct? if its true we are in the shit.

The VAT income estimate for 2008/9 in the 'Pink Book' is around £340 million. Knock 2% of that and I make it around a shortfall of £7 million.

Phew thats not to bad then.

it will be worse than a stocktake to reprice all the goods on the shelves, I wonder if all the shops and businesses will close for a few of days to do all the paperwork and repricing or just knock something off at the till ?

Your a bit hopeful there Tempus. I would guess that most businesses who do not charge VAT seperatley will just pocket the difference

Not that we would ever consider doing such a thing in our business

Phew thats not to bad then.

At the current exchange rate - that's 1.5 roundabouts, or 1.2 'eco' offices - but more likely with the bunch of clowns running the budgets here, 200 fewer operations and 2 of our very own baby P's.

Provided spending is at anticipated levels, but it isn't, which is the reason for the cut.

Archived