Rtc Old Castletown Road

Amadeus

RTC Old Castletown road, short while ago. No further details known, so hope everyone involved is ok - have to wait for further news during the day on that (means: don't speculate on reason, please. Thanks).

th_rtc1.jpgth_rtc2.jpg

th_rtc3.jpgth_rtc4.jpg

th_rtc5.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do the police mind you taking photos?

I usually ask for an ok to do so - news in the end, and the paper does the same thing. Those pics will probably end up in other news anyway (BBC, manxradio, etc), so no difference to them. Remember the car down marine drive a short while ago? That was frontpage on the examiner in the end - no real difference between people reading it on their site or here - news is news, and if it happens next to my house I'll try and catch it. Number plates are blanked out, obviously.

Crap excuse,your a voyeur,you dont know whether anyone is seriously injured.I find it very bizzare that you take pictures of crashes.Reminds me when I used to marshall at the TT,bad incidents would happen and there would be some ghoul taking snaps of it,all for moral purposes of course....

Crap excuse,your a voyeur,you dont know whether anyone is seriously injured.I find it very bizzare that you take pictures of crashes.Reminds me when I used to marshall at the TT,bad incidents would happen and there would be some ghoul taking snaps of it,all for moral purposes of course....

somebody has to, without the images of death and destruction do you think we all could pretend these things don't happen?? these photo's show you what can happen/does happen if XYZ. it can be a reminder to some folks to think about what they are doing and be mindful of what others are doing around them, and so helps society in an informative and perhaps a preventative manner. there are just some people too stupid to learn from others mistakes. usually the ones in single vehicle accidents with the car rubber side up.

I think any criticism or question towards Amadeus is a bit unfair.

We are fortunate to have many pictures of news from Amadeus, such as an old landmark building being knocked down or a particularly high tide, or whatever. But still news.

In this case the pictures are perhaps less innocuous.

But news all the same. Which is why we are all reading this part of the forum.

It's amazing how slowly you can be going and still end up upside down. Saw it once in London: Fiat Punto or similar dinky car rounding a bend at or near normal speed. The driver evidently misjudged the bend, mounted the kerb and the car turned onto its roof. Fortunately he walked away.

I'm with Amadeus on this one!

We should NOT speculate as to the cause of this "accident".

The diver might NOT be young/inexperienced.

and/or

He/she might NOT have been driving too quickly.

and/or

There might NOT have been several other youngsters in the car.

and/or

Drink/drugs mite NOT have been involved.

So let's wait until we get an in-depth report from MR or IOM Newspapers, and THEN we can speculate!

Archived