Oil Drum Bbq

Manxman27

We fancy a BBQ made from an old oil drum, my wife has found a website that sells them but they are £200-250 plus £40 delivery.

Does anyone know if anyone local makes and sells them or if there is some where you can buy an old oil drum and make your own?

I would stick to using drums which contained veg oil only if I were you.

I've seen the chemical analysis of old oil/lube drums stored empty and cleaned out. :nuke:

I would have thought any of the whole sellers may have a bent or two one they cannot send back - but seeing as most of them are plastic now-a-days, you may have to just stick to a brick one and some grills.

Ah good point, the site my wife is looking at make the delux ones from brand new drums, so that might be the one to go for.

I've looked at the barrel/oil drum style ones but they are poor quality, and wouldn't last more than one summer.

Just found this site http://www.freewebs.com/country-crafts/spitroastsandbbqs.htm might be an option.

Talking BBQ's... I've been looking for a good size iron/steel grill.. just the grill that I can use in my building of a BBQ but there really hard to find... its either by the whole thing with a flimsy arse grill or nothing... I just want a good size solid grill! :)

Any thoughts... sorry for thread hijack :)

Archived