Cav Versus The Dt&l

KrazyJak

I've just finished reading the article on Cav in L'Equipe - fantastic. Have also been following the Tour on Eurosport and felt immense pride every time he's crossed the line first particularly the way that he's stayed strong after the Pyrenees. I like the was that after a victory he waits at the finish line to thank everyone of his teammates - he's a fantastic advertisement for the Island.

So I have a suggestion why don't we give Mark Cavendish the Dept of Tourism & Leisure budget. He's done far more to promote the Island than those numpties.

From yestertoday's Guardian:

There is something of the scally – of the young Wayne Rooney, even – in the way the 24-year-old from the Isle of Man tends to get his punch in first and apologise, if absolutely necessary, later. A volatile nature is useful to a sprinter, who is required to explode off the front of a bunch and take no prisoners in the final metres, but the rough edge of Cavendish's tongue, amusing as it can be, will require smoothing away sooner or later.

"edge and arrogance are an essential part of any top athletes make-up"

Yes I think a Cav thread would be a very good idea.

Oh and on the subject of the Guardian I wonder how long it will be before the Daily Mail wades in with its usual "knock anything Manx" approach to journalism.

I think I just had an idea, (I know it's been done before but fortunately things like renaming the Isle of Man after someone doesn't happen very often on the Isle of man)

"Isle of Cav"

(geddit!!!!)

ah look it's been said before!

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php...st&p=344290

From yestertoday's Guardian:

There is something of the scally – of the young Wayne Rooney, even – in the way the 24-year-old from the Isle of Man tends to get his punch in first and apologise, if absolutely necessary, later. A volatile nature is useful to a sprinter, who is required to explode off the front of a bunch and take no prisoners in the final metres, but the rough edge of Cavendish's tongue, amusing as it can be, will require smoothing away sooner or later.

"edge and arrogance are an essential part of any top athletes make-up"

How about Roger Federer?

Archived