Txts While Driving

Slim

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend not to text while driving, it's like anything bad innit? some do some dont. Adverts like that are horrible and sensationalist, I remember the drink driving ones always being on at 2-3am, they really ruin the mind set after a night out.

Thanks for that Slim.

Good advert

Should be on the telly.

Cue.

'Oh dear can't do that, people don't want to see reality.'

It's fairly graphic but think we're too used to seeing staged violence on the television and in films for it to have much impact. There are some very graphic videos of real car accidents and their aftermath in some of the darker depths of the internet. Some of them are enough to make you reconsider ever getting in a car again.

There is no good argument for not making people who use cars aware of the real dangers in using them.

I think it is on the telly in Wales.

It's fairly graphic but think we're too used to seeing staged violence on the television and in films for it to have much impact. There are some very graphic videos of real car accidents and their aftermath in some of the darker depths of the internet. Some of them are enough to make you reconsider ever getting in a car again.

There is no good argument for not making people who use cars aware of the real dangers in using them.

Yes, there's a danger people are being desensitised to this kind of thing, particularly the young that this is aimed at. Probably why this is so much more explicit than older car safety films. I don't think I've seen anything before that's specifically young girls though?

Excellent ad. Hard hitting and might actually make people think twice about texting whilst driving.

Problem is, people who think don't text whilst driving anyway. Maybe we need an intelligence tests for drivers.

"Is it safe to text whilst driving?"

"Yerrr...."

"Failed".

Very impressive & hard hitting. I'd like the jerk in the VW Golf who was trying to steer around Cooil Road roundabout at around 4.20 this afternoon while using his phone to sit and watch this. This should be shown to every 16 year old at High School before they even take a single driving lesson.

Excellent video which hopefully will have an impact on at least some people.

I nearly got wiped out by some moron who went through a red light whilst on his mobile this morning, completely oblivious to what he'd done even after I'd beeped, flashed and gesticulated at him.

The sad thing is that in most cases I think it would take an accident to actually stop these people if they don't see the danger and selfishness in using mobile phones whilst driving.

I think the only acceptable text whilst driving is 'stuck in a traffic jam, may be late'

Handsfree phone call?

Archived