R Tesco On The Move

FCMR

Any truth in the rumour that Tesco are to relocate to the Dandara Bussiness Park, to a unit twice the size of the existing store, Tesco Super Store & Petrol Station.

I also hear that Dandara have out bid Robinsons for Farghers Farm in the same area.

On a serious note, if Dandara were to offload its rented housing stock onto the market, many couples and single persons will be stuck with a house with negative equity. Mass house building for the private market has to stop. And any that are to be built must be a min of say 10 mtrs apart, not like they are now 1 to 1.8 mtrs.

18 months ago on the other site I said that a major DIY and builders merchant was trying to buy out a manx firm and was slated for that to, But I was right Holdane Fisher bought out DSSM and they are to move to a Dandara Site

As far as I'm aware, this is how it started. The Manx Cooperative Society bought the plot of land where Tesco stands today. The Co-op being a Manx company or at least "The Manx Cooperative Society" being Manx secured planning permission for a superstore and petrol station for the site. Once the planning permission was obtained, the Co-op decided that they no longer wanted to build a superstore or petrol station on the site and decided to offer it complete with planning permission for sale. Anyway, to cut a long story short, Tesco steps in and offers to buy the site, lock stock and barrel. Tesco moved to the Isle of Man and established business but apparently had no intention of staying on the limited site. Knowing full well that they could sell the property on, they looked for a more convenient location.....

I have to admit that having lived and worked in England for a number of years, I've not seen one Tesco store in or close to the center of town. They almost always tend to set up shop in or near Industrial estates.

Stav.

Well, I knew about this years ago and I'm sure that there was mention recently i.e. within the last six months about Tesco possibly moving out to the new industrial estate. It was in the paper or on the radio but I can't be bothered looking for it. I know that it was a public announcement. Either that or I have very strange dreams about Tesco!

Stav.

If Tesco do open a new Mega Store, it will hurt a lot of other shops. Tesco Mega Stores in the UK sell everything, and these out of town stores take away trade from the town centres resulting in empty shops

If Tesco do open a new Mega Store, it will hurt a lot of other shops. Tesco Mega Stores in the UK sell everything, and these out of town stores take away trade from the town centres resulting in empty shops

Would be easier for you to find a park though?

Archived