News From Space - Good News For Iom ?

b4mbi

How do we know jobs will be created, this might be a way of them having a empty office with someone directing the mail for them.

Or am i just being silly and knocking the whole thing, its great if jobs are created and i will be the first to say well done to the government, but i am yet to find anything this government has done that will help the man or woman on the street.

When the isle of man brings in a Zero rate of tax does this mean anything, like i said alot of companies just use the isle of man as a post office box and have a solicitor to redirect the mail for them.

Let's hope some jobs will be created for once

When the isle of man brings in a Zero rate of tax does this mean anything

Do you mean other than start to stem the tide of companies leaving the Island? Nah, nothing really. Nothing at all.

3 jobs are to created, Manx Directors for the Manx Registered Company, this business is only using the Island as a Brokerage Tool for raising funds for future puchases of satellites which will cost in the region of £1 billion

My word dont you seem to have a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips!!

so what income for the IOM well lets see...

some CSP/law firm is going to collect something like £7,000 or more for providing the IOM co, directors, co secretary, registered office and then £5,000 p.a. ongoing unless they do administration when they will no doubt be billing big bunts...

not to forget..

govt filing fees..

a bank account with maybe some money in..so that increases deposit figures and helps with banking jobs..

VAT registration possibly.. so that brings in VAT income...

use of telephone and communications..so that helps MT...

office disposables...so that helps Bridsons or whoever...

and you never know the business might take off and the people behind it decide to have their own offices ...which takes up some of the acres of unused office space and helps the property developers and agents etc...

and the list could probably go on but by now you might be getting the idea...

pretty much its unquantifiable....anyone can say they have plans for a £100 billion business they are goiong to set up on the IOM ...but it means nothing until you see the colour of the money and its in the bank having paid an invoice issued by an existing IOM business...

<_<

..now back to Tynwald's afternoon sitting....

Archived