Sitting Members - One At A Time (5) Hazel Hannan

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This week it's the turn of Mrs Hazel Hannan, MHK for Peel since 1986.

Little doubt that she's a good 'local' representative with the best interests of Peel and it's people at heart, but how does she measure up in terms of 'national' politics?

She has been referred to, somewhat unkindly, as the 'wicked witch of the west' but the decision, as ever is yours. Regardless of whether you live in her constituency or not, if you had the choice would you vote for her or not?

Hazel has got a yes from me. I have found her to be one of the most genuine people in the "Keys". She is a very worthy constituency MHK.

HH is not one of the Tynwald cronies or 'Nodding Donkeys' as they seem to be termed these days.

So she would probably get my vote.

Although it would all depend on who the other candidates would be. It's difficult to just give a 'Yes' or 'No' answer. Is it worth amending the Poll to add a 'don't know'? I realise 'don't know' is a bit of a cop out though.

Hazel is a very short fused individual. I have been on the reciving end of Hazel... not like that before anyone starts rumours... :ph34r:

Hazel is not afraid to speak out, unlike a good deal of the others. They get in to the House and end up with their noses 'in the trough'

Hazel has been in there long enough not to end up with setting her sights on Ministerial posts - she's been there, done that and got fired!

Not a criticsm, I think she actually cares about here constituency and gets the job done.

It is hard to criticise someone who puts her heart and sole into what she believes in. Even harder to criticise one of the few MHKs that works hard throughout her time in office and does not just become busy in the months leading up to an election.

But, I have to say that sometimes she puts her personal ‘beliefs’ before the wishes of the majority of her electorate. Moreover, she will argue them until she is blue in the face! Yesterdays interview on Manx Radio with David Callister made her contradict herself a couple of times and her frustration was painfully evident. Moreover, it was not a matter to get so excited about, especially in comparison to the serious Government financial dealings of late, of which Mrs Hannan has been relatively calm about.

However, Hazel Hannan is an intelligent woman of great integrity; I personally feel that she does well for her constituents and the Isle of Man.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived