Next Gen Game Prices

Rich

The game prices seem to have hiked back up again I see for the next gen consoles.

I'm sorry but £50 for a game is just that bit too much!!

I wonder if it will be the case for the PS3 and Revolution?

I seem to remember that when the game prices went out of hand a fair few years ago they were brought into line and it was said they'd never hike them up to that degree anymore??

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, if the game is good then its worth it.

I got PGR3 with my 360, and I love it, played it everyday since I got it so to me 50 quid is a bargain.

If the game is poor however and doesnt hold your interest, then yes of course its a waste of money.

The work that goes into the games makes them the price they are (one of my mates is a game designer for SEEC) and its unbelivable how hard the guys work to get the games out.

If you have a 360, wait for TCGR3 Avanced Warfighter, itll be worth every penny!

BTW if anyine wants a match on 360 XBOX Live then my gamer tag is the same as my nick.

Best regards,

Gavsta.

The game prices seem to have hiked back up again I see for the next gen consoles.

I seem to remember that when the game prices went out of hand a fair few years ago they were brought into line and it was said they'd never hike them up to that degree anymore??

Aye its a touch on the expensive side, but it's the price you pay for picking up the latest consoles on // soon after release date.

360 games at £45/£50 in the High Street make me cringe, but weren't SNES/N64 ( I can't recall exactly the console) games up to £59.99 in some High Street stores way back? :o

Aye its a touch on the expensive side, but it's the price you pay for picking up the latest consoles on // soon after release date.

360 games at £45/£50 in the High Street make me cringe, but weren't SNES/N64 ( I can't recall exactly the console) games up to £59.99 in some High Street stores way back? :o

Que that Reverend Stuart or what he was called, DICK!!!!!

Had ago on Tearz 360 on weekend, hooked on PGR! Played it for like at least 6 hours solid, everyone asleep, me whizzing around in the Enzo. Awesome game.

I remember begging my parents for Mortal Combat on the SNES LOL - and my dad, " in my day space invaders was good enough ".

Haven't got a next gen console yet, maybe it's because I'm 5 years on but I just can't justify the outlay this time round.

Yes some SNES games were £60 when they came out such as Donkey Kong Country but I thought after the who har in the press about the prices constantly going up that they decided it wouldn't happen any more.

I don't remember XBOX or PS2 games being in the £50-60 region.

Haven't got a next gen console yet, maybe it's because I'm 5 years on but I just can't justify the outlay this time round.

Yes some SNES games were £60 when they came out such as Donkey Kong Country but I thought after the who har in the press about the prices constantly going up that they decided it wouldn't happen any more.

I don't remember XBOX or PS2 games being in the £50-60 region.

Think max on a PS2 game was £39.99 * I think *, if the games awesome ( PGR ) I'm happy to pay £60 odd for it, as I know I'll get a good few hours of enjoyment out of it.

Tiger Woods 2006 on XBOX 360, WOW! More difficult I think but a bloody good game, Tearz will vouch for my " woeful " performance.

Deff wanting a 360 now, just wasn't sure about justifying the cost, but from what I've seen/played, be deff worth it :D

I must agree that the price of games is a bit expensive at the moment but in fairness you have to remember the amount of time and money that is thrown into bringing out a top title nowadays.

Most of the big games are in development for 2 or 3 years at a cost of millions.

I'm sure the price can be lovered but then the games retailers wouldn't make as much money.

• 4 weeks later...

The reason why the games are so expensive is because Microsoft are actually making a loss on each console they sell, So they make thier money from the games afterall if you buy an xbox 360, You are going to want a game to play it on.

Sony will also make a loss on there PS3, they will make money from the games.

Also the PS3 is actually going to rather cheap when you consider the fact it has Bluray, Stand-alone bluray players will cost more than the PS3.

yeah the system will be

but I was talking about the games on bluray.

I am guessing that the % cut for sony per game will be the same as it is for the ps2 but its the production cost of the blu ray discs that will push the price right up.

Archived