Next Gen Game Prices

Rich

Games are only expensive if you're impatient enough to leg it down into town to grab them off the shelves. There are plenty of bargains to be had online.

PES5 for the PSP is 40 quid in the shops over here, but I managed to grab myself a legit copy for half the price on ebay.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't have a problem with next gen prices. Considering I paid £70 for a megadrive game (Virtua Racing) 10 or so years ago £50 for a game nowadays doesn't seem so much.

Plus a higher price makes you think twice about buying a game which hopefully helps filter out some of the garbage I have bought in the past.

Also as Polskimann says, if you buy online prices aren't really that much more (often less) and pre-owned games are so easily available you can end up paying much less if you have a little patience

I'd have thought the smart money was on avoiding the current gen completely.

Anyone who gets themselves down to GAME now can immerse themselves in the very best that the PS2 or XBox has to offer for less than £100. (That's the console, games, pads, the whole shooting match, for less than £100.)

If you get onto eBay you can set yourself up with a Dreamcast and a pile of superb games for about £20.

Against that backdrop, paying £50 for "Generic racer/shooter/beat 'em up Mark 6738" for the XBox 360 seems positively dumb.

Or simply buy Animal Crossing : Wild World and never need to purchase another game ever again.

It does look good, I still don't like the shape of the controllers though. The PS3 contollers have the same amount of buttons as the PS2 controller, Although the PS3 controllers are wireless and use bluetooth, I wonder if PS2 contollers will work?

Have you not noticed that the controllers haven't been seen on any new news pic's? Everyone hated the look of them, according to the playstation forums they have gone back to the drawing board with them. IMO if it aint broke, don't fix it, and the ps2 controllers fit just fine ta!

I should imagine it wouldn't be too big a deal for someone to invent a thingy that'd fit onto the end of a ps2's controller to convert it to bluetoof though.

Ace news anyway, where do i sign up?

• 2 weeks later...

50 quid???? I think Microsoft are having a giraffe to be honest. So i can buy call of duty 2 on the Xbox for 50 or on the pc for 30, or less. As for PGR3 I think it’s terrible to be honest, much rather have GT4 thank you very much.

As for Xbox live, why would I want to pay a subscription when I can just play on the PC for the cost of my line??

Might buy one around Christmas when the PS3 comes out and Microsoft slash their prices.

Just my 2p's worth

Scar

50 quid???? I think Microsoft are having a giraffe to be honest. So i can buy call of duty 2 on the Xbox for 50 or on the pc for 30, or less. As for PGR3 I think it’s terrible to be honest, much rather have GT4 thank you very much.

As for Xbox live, why would I want to pay a subscription when I can just play on the PC for the cost of my line??

Might buy one around Christmas when the PS3 comes out and Microsoft slash their prices.

Just my 2p's worth

Scar

Now you've brought PC's into the equation then I'd say £50 is cheap for a game :D

I'd rather that than buy a new graphics card every five minutes the price of 3 PS2's.

Either way stuff the next gen until it gets more interesting, I've never felt so uninspired by a next gen console as I have with the 360, if it's meant to be next gen then I'm not impressed, no doubt it will improve but for a launch it's piss poor and still is currently piss poor.

I'm normally an early adopter but not at the moment.

the whole GFX card upgrade myth is bollocks...

I bought my GFX card mid range nearly 3 years ago and it still play pretty much everything fine.... I think BF2 is the only thing to finally leave it whirring

there is a difference between no problem at all and max resolution, 4xFSAA, 16x antistroping, max textures, dynamic lighting etc etc though.

I dont want to p1ss on your chips or anything scarbunny but I doubt a 50 quid gfx card from 2 years ago will be capable of pumping out graphics as good as the 360 does at the moment.

I have a GF6800gt which is about a year old and was 280 quid and it cant lock 60fps on bf2 and thats not at max graphics either.

It couldnt lock 60fps on cod2 either.

Ive done a direct comparison of 360 and pc on cod2, the graphics are identical but the 360 can lock at 60fps.

ps. Rich check out GRAW on the 360. Stunning game.

Agree with Spanna, that's why I like consoles what you see is what you get.

With PC games they give you the options for lower detail, why would I want to buy a game to play it on lower detail than what it's capable of?

I just got sick of the whole pissing about with the settings to get the optimum compromise.

I bought my GFX card mid range nearly 3 years ago and it still play pretty much everything fine.... I think BF2 is the only thing to finally leave it whirring

Install the Radeon! :P

Archived