Air Arran ?

FCMR

We were to travel to Liverpool with Air Arran in December on the 7-10am flight, after checking in they cancelled the flight due to lack of passengers. We then had to re book and pay Euro Manx for new flights. Trying to get a refund of Air Arran is near imposible, they say its down to MannLink who took the booking, MannLink say its down to Arran as they cut the flight. Its a case of going round the houses with both these firms, they want your money but cant deliver the goods.

There seem to have been lots of problems with this operator - I had the same thing a month ago flying to Manchester - eventually we were consolidated onto a later Liverpool flight! Going to Dublin with them a week ago my flight was put back 3 hours (presumably to consolidate flights again), though at least I had advance warning of that instance.

If there isn't one, there SHOULD be a service level agreement as per the Steam Packet. These airlines simply shouldn't be allowed to mess people around like this.

And watch the fares climb now that Eurospackas have dropped the Dublin route.

With regards to them dropping the flight you can now get proper compensation as the rules changed last year. I can't remember the details but Google is ur friend.

Reading the EU site it seems like Aer Arann owes FCMR at least €250 euros per seat that was cancelled. Plus you have the right to complain to the EU about them. An SLA is not needed as it looks like they've finally given the passenger some half decent rights. Funnily enough I haven't seen a copy of this at Ronaldsway although I did see it in another airport. Personally I'm going to print a copy and keep it with my travel documents.

Oh my G#d!! I dont wanna hear (read) this!!

So Eurogits cancel my flights in June (and as in a previous post I have yet to have an official email or letter..nice customer service there) and now I find they cancel flights when they please!

Tell you what tho, I am gonna send Eurogits a letter - I actually booked with them thinking they were the 'safer' option!! More fool me!

I am not amused!! I have a date with Robbie Williams!! I will swim there if I have to!!

Problem with the above links is that we're not a part of the EU. And the compensation part only really kicks in after a 5 hours delay...all of which is totally inexcusable. Sure, aircraft can go tech, but what other business doesn't allow for that eventuality and factor in a fallback plan. With air travel from Ronaldsway, the fallback plan always seems to be for the convenience of the carrier and NOT the fare-paying punters.

We were to travel to Liverpool with Air Arran in December on the 7-10am flight, after checking in they cancelled the flight due to lack of passengers. We then had to re book and pay Euro Manx for new flights. Trying to get a refund of Air Arran is near imposible, they say its down to MannLink who took the booking, MannLink say its down to Arran as they cut the flight. Its a case of going round the houses with both these firms, they want your money but cant deliver the goods

Welocme to the Isle of Man. I wonder if Our Elected have problems?

Same shoite, same problems, different faces. Have a Good Day. :P

Read the article. You are covered if the flight originates or ends in an EU airport. It takes effect after 2 hours.

And the airline is responsible. Small claims court I think is the easiest option.

We were to travel to Liverpool with Air Arran in December on the 7-10am flight, after checking in they cancelled the flight due to lack of passengers. We then had to re book and pay Euro Manx for new flights. Trying to get a refund of Air Arran is near imposible, they say its down to MannLink who took the booking, MannLink say its down to Arran as they cut the flight. Its a case of going round the houses with both these firms, they want your money but cant deliver the goods.

"after checking in they cancelled the flight".....therefore........the airline owes you 250 euro. denied boarding compensation.

http://www.aerarann.com/travel_information...m#cancellations

http://www.aerarann.com/about_us/contact.htm

Archived