Byelaw Inspector Or Byelaw Enforcement Officer..

manxchatterbox

here we go...the story is...letters were sent in to the Corpy last year in August...the Corpy "lost" the first one so another had to be sent..the Corpy didn't acknowledge receipt of that either....the letters asked the Corpy to outline the job description and duties and responsibilities of each of the two Bye Law Inspectors and (by comparison) the Bye Law Enforcement Officer.....eventually the Corpy sent a letter back saying it was all subject to data protection and privacy!!!! Even e-mails trying to enlist the help of Councillors has proved fruitless...again a smell of cover up...

....for info its belived the two Inspectors are paid circa £25,000 each and the Enforcement Officer £32,000 - all plus pension benefits etc....

....and in the case of the latter a nice little earner for a retired copper on a pension already...

So how do ratepayers get to know what people are doing that they pay the wages of???

.....and are those people employed doing a "value for money" jobs (or are they just jobsworth positions?)

..and with the 2006/07 rates due to be set soon....somebody somewhere ought to come clean and provide the reply and necessary information instead of hiding and obstructing behind official nonsense......

here we go...the story is...letters were sent in to the Corpy last year in August...the Corpy "lost" the first one so another had to be sent..the Corpy didn't acknowledge receipt of that either....the letters asked the Corpy to outline the job description and duties and responsibilities of each of the two Bye Law Inspectors and (by comparison) the Bye Law Enforcement Officer.....eventually the Corpy sent a letter back saying it was all subject to data protection and privacy!!!! Even e-mails trying to enlist the help of Councillors has proved fruitless...again a smell of cover up...

....for info its belived the two Inspectors are paid circa £25,000 each and the Enforcement Officer £32,000 - all plus pension benefits etc....

....and in the case of the latter a nice little earner for a retired copper on a pension already...

So how do ratepayers get to know what people are doing that they pay the wages of???

.....and are those people employed doing a "value for money" jobs (or are they just jobsworth positions?)

..and with the 2006/07 rates due to be set soon....somebody somewhere ought to come clean and provide the reply and necessary information instead of hiding and obstructing behind official nonsense......

You certainly seem to have issues regarding this subject. Did you get turned down for the job or something?

Bye the way. I hope this wasn't the 'big news' you promised earlier. I've been waiting on tenterhooks for that

the issue is ratepayers getting value for money in respect of the ever increasing bill that arrives every year....

...and no I didn't even know there was a job going and in any case not my cuppa tea and also I wouldn't have got it not having been a copper....

...sorry if the topic doesn't interest you...presumably you don't live in the Douglas rate district or arer not interested in why someone doesn't get a response and all they can do is hope my posting illicits someone doing something (eventually)..or some forum reader actually knows what's what in respect of the issues raised....or one or more Councillors feel like doing the right thing and raise the issue at the next Corpy meeting...'cos what else is the writer supposed to do?

Archived