Roundabouts At The Oak Tree And Saddle Road Junction

issues99

Give me roundabouts any day over traffic light. Traffic keeps moving, just need to watch out for the "flat cappers"

Just hope they make up their minds from the word go as to with lanes to get in. Up a B&Q they seems to have change the markings again!

roundabouts are better than traffic lights but only when people know how to use them!

when the rush hour traffic is backed up past braddan brigde from the Q.B , people coming from douglas will have no hope of turning up to the hospital due to doughnuts who block roundabouts.

oh and these doughnuts also sit there looking at each other at roundabouts so i reckonmend at lest 2 hours to get through that lot in the morning.

3 roundabouts to get utterly annoyed at oh i cant wait!! :angry:

The thinking behind the extra roundabouts is to finish off a douglas "outer ring road".

This will enable wagons and heavy traffic to get to the incinerator and southwards,from the north of the island, without going through town.

The route is ,roughly;

Turn off mountain road at Hillberry,

Continue down Johnny Watterson's Lane, over new roundabout at Ballanard road.

Through Tromode and up to roundabout,and left to Braddan Bridge.

Right at new roundabout at Jubilee Oak, then up left at second new roundabout by Braddan Church.

Continue up hill, bearing right towards Kirby Garden Centre, continuing up round more roundabouts through to Ballcottier Business park.

Hang a left on to Cooil road, and your nearly there.

BTW, I don't work for the DOT, but an old school friend does, and he explained it to me about 12 months ago.

:)

Archived