Gynaecology Service Destroyed By Inept Politicians And Managers

Minxie

I received a copy of an e-mail this morning which is supposed to have originated from within Nobles Hospital.

The DHSS has run out of money and need to save millions! As a consequence they intend to close ward 4, the gynaecology ward and merge it with the surgical ward. As a conqsequence elective surgery will be virtually impossible, emergency services for women will be extremely difficult and patient safety is likely to be compromised in the longer term.

Please feel free to tell everyone you know, complain to your MHK, anything to express your concern that the Health Service is managed by a bunch of incompetant idiots who have come up with a master plan to save money without having the balls to discuss it with a single clinician at the hospital.

By the way, other things on the list are:

close 2 Intensive care beds,

close 4 elective orthopaedic beds

close one cornary care bed

cancel all waiting list intiatives including joint replacements.

This will effect you and your families.

Please make a noise!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wifes been on the waiting list to have an ingrown corn removed from her foot for over six months, she is unable to walk very far without pain, the operation takes about 15 mins and at very little cost. It seems that the DHSS would rather pay her sick benifit than have the operation done. Yes thats good finacial planning by the baffons at the DHSS

I received a copy of an e-mail this morning which is supposed to have originated from within Nobles Hospital.

The DHSS has run out of money and need to save millions! As a consequence they intend to close ward 4, the gynaecology ward and merge it with the surgical ward. As a conqsequence elective surgery will be virtually impossible, emergency services for women will be extremely difficult and patient safety is likely to be compromised in the longer term.

Please feel free to tell everyone you know, complain to your MHK, anything to express your concern that the Health Service is managed by a bunch of incompetant idiots who have come up with a master plan to save money without having the balls to discuss it with a single clinician at the hospital.

By the way, other things on the list are:

close 2 Intensive care beds,

close 4 elective orthopaedic beds

close one cornary care bed

cancel all waiting list intiatives including joint replacements.

This will effect you and your families.

Please make a noise!

I am able to verify the authenticity of this email which originated from a Consultant at Nobles who is hacked off with the situation and has threatened to quit if another post was available elsewhere.

My wifes been on the waiting list to have an ingrown corn removed from her foot for over six months, she is unable to walk very far without pain, the operation takes about 15 mins and at very little cost. It seems that the DHSS would rather pay her sick benifit than have the operation done. Yes thats good finacial planning by the baffons at the DHSS

I know with the NHS you shouldn't HAVE to pay for medical care - but if your wife is in so much pain why don't you get your GP to refer her for a private consultation - or for the actual operation? That'll learn the baffons some finacial planning!

If they got rid of a lot of the back office staff they would save millions. What do they do all day

Which ones do you mean?

The ones who look after your records? The ones who type your appointment letters? The ones who sometimes spend days investigating patient complaints to find if they have any merit or not?

Which ones would you get rid of?

If they got rid of a lot of the back office staff they would save millions. What do they do all day

Which ones do you mean?

The ones who look after your records? The ones who type your appointment letters? The ones who sometimes spend days investigating patient complaints to find if they have any merit or not?

Which ones would you get rid of?

Try Markwell house for a start staff ratio 2 for every 1 unemployed. Before PCs the DHSS used to run on less than half the staff they have now.

Archived