Leece Lodge

nipper

I haven't seen this matter discussed for a while and I suppose we're all bored of it so perhaps we'll just drop it. (the subject I mean, not the building)

But Manx Radio reported recently a call from the parents of the murder victims to have Leece Lodge demolished: Manx Radio Report

Now, there were terrible things happened in that house including prostitution and drug taking. And then murder.

Although I have a natural sympathy with the berieved parents and I do not mean to offend, I feel that if the energies they are now displaying had been directed into their responsibilities of bringing up their children then this Island would be a far better place just now.

And indeed, considering the direct costs over the years, the Island would be quite a few £millions (that is £millions) better off.

DHSS short just now? You bet.

There was also, I think, a call for some sort of memorial.

The only one that is needed should commemorate the incompetence of the care services, relatives and friends of the victims IMO.

As long as it stands, Leece Lodge will be exactly that, therefore I've no doubt that it will be removed as soon as possible.

Archived