Homosexuality Has 'health Implications' Says Minister

Lonan3

It's likely to set off a considerable debate (including a lot of ground that we've been over before), but it's a newsworthy item once again.

http://www.iomtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.asp...ticleID=1342969

Homosexuality has 'huge health implications' and should not be promoted as equal to heterosexuality, according to Education Minister David Anderson.

Mr Anderson managed to delay House of Keys debate over a move to scrap a law banning the promotion of gay lifestyles.

Before Hazel Hannan (Peel) could table her amendment to repeal Section 38, which she announced last week, Mr Anderson, who has previously stated he is against dropping it, put forward his motion to adjourn.

Personally, I'd go along with his statement that: "'People are free to make their own decisions and I accept there are other people who have different lifestyles. What I am saying is we shouldn't be teaching homosexuality as an equal status to heterosexual relationships." although I'm sure there'll be plenty of others who will disagree, but it's the additional bit: "Homosexuality has huge health implications." that seems likely to generate even more heat!

(Sets fuse....waits.....)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gay adj.

Limp of wrist; tending to ask others to shut doors; critical of the "dust in here".

homosexual n.

A man or woman sexually attracted to members of his or her own sex. Often at bus stops. (From the Greek homos ecsuralos meaning 'lifter of shirts'.)

Bloody Fudge Packers

Sounds like Mr. Anderson needs to take a sexuality test.

Surely heterosexuality can have huge health implications as well? What a toss reason to adjourn the motion (there's got to be a joke in there somewhere). Why shouldn't homosexuality be treated in the same way as heterosexuality.

'Changing this legislation has major implications.'

Erm if you really are meeting him how about asking in what way? Does he think that by teaching homosexuality on the same level as heterosexuality all the kids will suddenly jump up and decide that being gay is cool and decide that they are gay instead of straight? Being a homosexual is not something that should be affected by being taught it in school. The only thing i can see this change doing is perhaps making homosexuality more tolerated in our society, surely a good thing?

"'People are free to make their own decisions and I accept there are other people who have different lifestyles. What I am saying is we shouldn't be teaching homosexuality as an equal status to heterosexual relationships."

Why not? As i said it's not going to encourage children to become homosexual but perhaps it will teach them that it isn't a reason to hate someone, beat them up and should not be used as an insult. It's like saying Islam should not be covered in the same level as christianity in the isle of man because the majority of students will be christian. The point is that students are there to learn how to be tolerant of others in society just as much as they are there to learn the three r's.

From the Greek homos ecsuralos meaning 'lifter of shirts'.

Well done Roger, clearly a classical education.

Well, almost. In fact you are right to point out that "homo" as in "homosexual" is Greek. But it actually means "same". In this case literally "same sex" which is handy as you can get both male and female homosexuals. Not to be confused with "homo" as in "homo sapiens" which is Latin and means "man". Literally "man who thinks". Not to be confused with, say, Roger Smelly.

I just thought you'd like to know that.

anyone got any questions they want to ask Mr. Anderson about this??

Ill be seeing him next tuesday

Yes.

Mr Anderson, do you think that your opinion on section 38/homosexuality is at odds with a Government policy of equality regardless of race, gender or sexuality? A Government of which you are a Minister, and a Minister of Education at that? Do you think that your authority has been undermined as a result of this opinion?

Homosexuality has 'huge health implications' and should not be promoted as equal to heterosexuality, according to Education Minister David Anderson.

If David Anderson put his Christian prejudices to one side for a minute then he may realise that if homosexuality was "promoted" in a similar way to heterosexuality then maybe "homosexuals" could be given appropriate sexual health education. That way there would be no "huge health implications". I assume that these would be the same "huge health implications" that a heterosexual risks having unprotected sex in Peel. :ph34r:

anyone got any questions they want to ask Mr. Anderson about this??

Ill be seeing him next tuesday

Please enquire as to whether he gets a warm comfy feeling when showering in the company of many naked muscular men?

I'm more of the opinion that sexualty is not a decision you make but rather what you are.

However ending up with an arse like a clown's pocket does have "huge health implications" for which read money.

Ithought i knew every gay crack that there is, i am learning from experts. The above is classic :lol:

Archived