Calling All Bedroom Dj's

squeek

The overall winner will win a full residency at which ever night is suited to their music, the chance to go into a full home studio and learn about making music including Cubase, Reason and Ableton Live 5 etc, and finaly to record a mix c.d in the studio which will then be mass produced and given out as a free C.D at one of our parties.......

make sure you pay your mcps license on your free mix cd's people, a rep is over at the minute looking into it. I had one in the shop checking I was paying a prs license. It's not that expensive, about 5p per track per cd. 12 tracks would only cost 60p per cd. He was asking did I ever get given any free CD's from musical nights over here. I said no but i have seen some somewhere. hide them quick!

Just to clarify the 2 dj's who came over are party dj's, if you had came you would of seen that they are like brandon block & alex p, it's not so much about their mixing as the atmosphere they generate when they play. The home sudio is an Apple Mac g5 with cubase, ableton and reason. A novation 25 control keyboard and an 12 channel mixing desk. Not amazing but a good chance for someone with no previous experiance to learn a few things.

Not sure who you are Desperate Dan but could you please send me e-mail address so I can look further into what your saying. Don't want to get into any hot water with anyone!!!!!

Home Studio....? u mean somebody's bedroom PC oh what a prize!!!! if the mix of Funktonic's last night is anything to go my I think even Jimmy Saville has a chance!!

Im no DJ but id just like to say i had a fantastic nite last Sat @ Funktonic i cannot nor would i try to judge the mixing but on Atmosphere 10 out of 10 to the DJ's.

Who actually sits in the corner on a sat nite judging the mixing you really need to have a quite word with yourself!! :rolleyes:

I could have been in a portakabin with my closest mates but as long as the atmosphere was as good as that i would have been happy and the DJ's would have been welcome.

You could have always paid the same price to go to paramount and listen to your local radio presenter? No offence Jason.

So kipperboy call me when you've hit the bigtime!! LMAO. xxx

The mix can be anything up to 1 hour long (so we can listen fully to each enrant)

If you would like to split that down to 2 - 1/2 mixes then thats fine. You could even end up in different heats. We are trying not to put any limitations on the rules. Do what ever you want..............

Archived