Phil Braidwood Knows What He's Doing?

www.theislandinsider.co.uk

Sitting in HoK Today and Phil Braidwood said that after considering all the options about the mountain road with traffic lights and one lane open and opening the road for peak times, he came to the decision that it was best to send the cars through the village of Laxey.

He said the 3500+ cars that use the mountain everyday would be fine going through a village with roadworks already in place as the traffic lights would be manually controlled during peak times to avoid congestion.

He also said that Minorca and Old Laxey Hill would have speed bumps put on them to stop people using it as a short cut instead of going through the village.

I'm going up there tomorrow morning to count the number of cars that go through to find out how much extra traffic there's gonna be. Phil reckoned it would take two more weeks to complete the scheme if the road was opened during peak times. On a two month period, an extra two weeks wouldnt be that bad, espcially if it stopped any disruption.

As a result of the concerns about the whole affair, MHKs are probably going to bring a vote to see the scheme stopped before its started so it might not happen at all.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could they not put in a temporary road on the mountain to bypass the work.

Everytime i go near work like this in the UK its common to just put in a temporary road and then reinstate the area after the work has finished.

Is that not possible over here, or is it dangerous to use the old grey matter.

Also i bet there is no weekend work going on when this scheme happens.

:P:P

Maybe the traffic should be diverted past Phil Braidwood's home..

The stupid silly ass!! has he ever been to Laxey ?

Someone wants to give him a kick in the pants.....

Flippin' eck- I've heard it all now..

But hey! it does'nt surprise me..

:ph34r::ph34r:

Phil should go back to licking stamps on Windsor Rd.

I'm going up there tomorrow morning to count the number of cars that go through to find out how much extra traffic there's gonna be.

Wow, are you short of something to do?

If you're going to do that you'd better be up there at about 5.30 am as people start using the road at that time in the morning.

The other problem with the mountain road being closed is that all the commuter traffic is going to be mixing in with the school run traffic, not to mention the fact you also get a lot of school children on foot at various places over the coast road in the morning.

If we get to the end of the two months without someone having been killed as a result of this insane road closure for work that doesn't even need to be done in the first place I'll be surprised.

If everyone obeys the highway code and actually slows down a bit then nobody should get killed.

I agree about the road closure. There is nothing wrong with the road at windy corner, there are far worse roads.

The problem lies with the people who drive to fast and forget what the break pedals for.

Sitting in HoK Today and Phil Braidwood said that after considering all the options about the mountain road with traffic lights and one lane open and opening the road for peak times, he came to the decision that it was best to send the cars through the village of Laxey.

He said the 3500+ cars that use the mountain everyday would be fine going through a village with roadworks already in place as the traffic lights would be manually controlled during peak times to avoid congestion.

He also said that Minorca and Old Laxey Hill would have speed bumps put on them to stop people using it as a short cut instead of going through the village.

Great, even more dickheads who can't work out what the stop sign at the bottom of Minorca is for :)

Martyr or Gambler?

Phil Braidwood:

"People have said this could be political suicide for me.

"But my own view is that, once a politician begins to weigh up all the decisions he makes based on whether or not he's going to be re-elected or not, then he's lost the very freedom which makes him fit for office in the first place."

No, just a jumped up fwit who has no idea at all about what he or his messed up department are playing at.

For Christ’s sake, a politician nonchalantly announces his impending political suicide and is allowed to carry on in office until he achieves his careered euthanasia. One wonders whether the Chief Minister is in charge of his Ministers or just employed to make excuses.

Phil, if you want to commit hari-kari that’s fine. JUST LEAVE THE MOUNTAIN ROAD ALONE!

Had the pleasure of Mr Braidwood sitting at my table for a function a few years ago. He was an interesting and knowledgeable guy who was informative and good company. He bought drinks all round him yet stayed teetotal. When exiting the taxi at his house he waved a cheery goodbye and trotted up his garden path. I would never say a bad word against him or his policies.

Archived