Alex Brindley

manxmedia

Sorry to go back to this old chestnut - but as long as Manx Radio put out such stupid press releases the truth must be told

From Manx Radio Web site

Manx Radio's Breakfast Show presenter has retained his position as the most popular in the British Isles, for the size of his audience.

The latest edition of the industry magazine 'Radio' shows Alex Brindley enjoys an average reach of 12.4% for each half hour he is on air.

Manx Radio's afternoon presenter Bob Harrison is in fifth position in the same magazine.

The data has been compiled by Radio Joint Audience Research Limited, also known as RAJAR.

Until Manx Radio tell RAJAR to give figures for AM & FM between 7.30 & 8.30 a.m. their figures are meaningless

I understand that most people are listening to Mandate - not Mr Brindley. So why is he claiming the biggest show. Its like adding Radio 2 & 4 together!

Mr Peters would no doubt want to know how many people are listening to him.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the headline about his ‘incredible’ popularity and must admit wondering where did they dream this one up?

Frankly, Alex could pre-record his radio show and repeat it daily and nobody would notice because it is the same old boring content day in and day out. A breakfast show is supposed to make you wake up and feel good about the day ahead, not send you back to sleep. Groundhog Day or what? :blink:

If you don't like it, don't listen to it. It's not rocket science.

Personally, I enjoy the show and I'm quite happy to listen to the banter on the drive in to work in the morning.

The MILF comment a couple of weeks ago, whilst not directly made by Alex, had me laughing for a good part of the morning.

Stav.

Hes a load of Crap anyway, Chris Kinley is far better

Aargh! No!

Kinley is even more innane and irritating than Brindley

I was unfortunate to catch 10 mins of him the other morning going to work and lost count of how many times he said "Rock & Roll" or "hey, that's rock and roll"

The trouble with Alex is, and I do know him, is that he belives his own PR.

The management should be asking why do his listeners keep falling away, see latest figures if you can.

I really find it amazing that someone has such a high opinion of himself. He used to be a "nice boy"

I think he just needs someone to stop giving him so much coffee in the morning.

He needs to work on his show a bit more, less jingles saying how fantastic he his, it all sounds the same everyday!

I must admit I am not a fan of the guy or his show but I know I'd feel pretty off if a bunch of guys on an internet forum slagged me off - it obviously is enjoyed by some people so maybe we should ease off unless we are willing to hold up our names and tell him to his face

Archived