Alex Brindley

manxmedia

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody outside of the industry care about the RAJAR figures? Do listeners make a concerted effort to listen to the radio-show with the highest figures?

Really, this axe to grind routine is getting very tiresome.

Until Rajar:

1) Survey a respectable percentage of the population (currently less than 1%)

2) Seperate the audience figures for Manx Radio's breakfast show & Mandate

3) Becomes of any use for it's money...

Energy FM will not be wasting it's time on it, and will be totally pulling out from it. The money would be better spent on keeping Energy fresh and doing what we can to provide our clients & listeners with the best possible resources we can.

The only thing it shows is a per day pattern, the figures are totally unreliable.

One would only hope the axe was getting sharper with all the grinding - unfortunately it's as dull as these nitpickers. Audience or circulation figures matter little to listeners/readers - they just give salespeople something to hang a ratecard on.

Strikes me that RAJAR probably operates the same way everywhere, and whilst it may not be perfect, it is accepted as an industry-wide standard.

3FM being on in lots of shops is merely because it's like a glorified Ipod, and shops want music rather than speech. It could be any local radio station anywhere across the UK - it has no local character at all (bar the news). People who were intrigued by the launch bluster are now turning off for all the reasons stated. I used to listen to it, but soon got bored.

Seems that Energy don't like RAJAR because they don't like their poor results. Bit like asking for an exam paper to be re-marked when it comes back with the comment 'should try harder'. Nobody knows what Energy stands for any more - it was supposed to be the station for young people, but now it's trying to be all things to all men and failing.

Seems that Energy don't like RAJAR because they don't like their poor results. Bit like asking for an exam paper to be re-marked when it comes back with the comment 'should try harder'. Nobody knows what Energy stands for any more - it was supposed to be the station for young people, but now it's trying to be all things to all men and failing.

Energy FM's rajar results are by no means poor. we have done fine in our target market (15-45)

Maybe if we were aiming 15-145 like the station on the hill, then yes it wouldn't look so good.

We have listened to comments from our listeners, commissioned independant surveys and adapted accordingly to be able to retain a good share of the market. It has been hard with the addition of a 3rd station in a market place that has been reported not capable of 3, but we soldier on. We try our hardest to provide the best platform for both listeners and advertisers alike.

Times have been hard but onwards and upwards we look.

In the next couple of weeks we will see the addition of 3 new members of full-time staff, a boost to the team that has worked very hard over the last couple of months.

If you have any concerns about our output then get in touch with us, we would be happy to take your comments on board. I can say we have had very little negative feedback.

I nearly always listen to energy FM. I used to think that Manx Radio had the edge on the news but I can't be bothered switching channels anymore, so stay with energy.

Figures from RAJAR

Adult

15+ 000s

Weekly reach Average Hours

000s %

Head Listener

Total hours 000s Share of listening %

1/4 end Dec2005

Energy FM 64 12 19 1.5 7.9 98 6.4

Manx Radio 64 38 59 7.2 12.2 461 29.9

¼ end March 2006

Energy FM 64 12 18 2.0 10.9 129 8.1

Manx Radio 64 38 59 7.6 13.0 488 30.7

how much are the taxpayers paying for this info so that MR can support a claim its doing what its supposed to?? is anyone interested? is it value for money

http://www.rajar.co.uk/

Figures from Forums:

April.

Topics started by Manxchatterbox:

47 (approx)

Number that were framed as questions:

37 (approx)

Number that were questions that could have been answered with a Google search:

35 (approx)

Number that attracted more than 20 replies

14 (approx)

NB All figures are approximate because I couldn't be arsed to check them.

Figures are distorted because April was a short month due to the forums crashing (perhaps it was mcbx overload?)

My grumble is that none of the stations deal with current music, they're either 80's soft pop tat on 3, 60's-90's pretty much any crap goes on manx and 90, early 2000's wump wump club shite on energy.

Current music isn't dance shite, it's guitar based stuff like Raconteurs, Feeder, Dirty Pretty Things, Kooks, snow patrol, fall out boy, we are scientists, panic at the disco and this stuffs been popular for the last few years. Why do energy AND 3FM think we have to listen to wump wump shit on a friday night? Nobodys going to clubs any more, haven't they caught on?

I miss Roger Corkill on manx, now that was going out music! Three stations but no rock show, gah!

I thought that Kerry girl was at Energy? At least i remember the hilarious jokes about her being Gazza's daughter/niece/wife, if you think brindley's jokes aren't funny just switch onto Energy occasionally.

I'm one normally to defend MR and Alex!

You make think she's better to look at, but I (personally) cannot stand her. She is a terrible presenter (imho) and I could not believe it when I heard she was now at MR. Unfortunately my loyalities to MR go only so far...and I'm afraid since she's appeared and I've tried to give her a chance. After the breakfast show (and the news), I now switched to 3fm!!! Unfortunately for MR, I know I'm not the only one!

It said on the radio this morning that Kerry is one of this year's Radio TT team. She is a nice looking girl though . . . you can't take that away from her.

Perhaps this is the year that Energy FM properly breaks into the TT, although I find their chap who does the pits a bit ignorant at times. Maybe it is just me though.

Archived