Alex Brindley

manxmedia

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss Roger Corkill on manx, now that was going out music! Three stations but no rock show, gah!

Paging Stu Peters!

You rang?? Oh, I see...

Saturday night 2100-0100 Sunday. Proper prog rock with guitars and synths and rock chicks and dry ice and everything.

None of the bands you mentioned as being current Slim, though I think the boy Quine plays that kind of new-fangled noise. Just smells like teenage angst to me, but at least I admit to being a boring old fart.

Can I go now? I thank you...

Awww poor Slim, doesn't seem to have anything better to do in his lunch hour. You sad muppet!!!!

Yeah, I should stick to interesting and insightful posts like you hmm? :rolleyes:

Stu: I'm sure you're trying your best, but I enjoy new music as well as the old stuff, and I just dont seem to be catered for on any station really.

He won't play Metallica for me either I keep asking and pleading too. Anyway, good to know I'm not alone.

He plays some brilliant Nightwish though. Dark chest of wonders and wish I had an Angel.

My grumble is that none of the stations deal with current music, they're either 80's soft pop tat on 3, 60's-90's pretty much any crap goes on manx and 90, early 2000's wump wump club shite on energy.

Current music isn't dance shite, it's guitar based stuff like Raconteurs, Feeder, Dirty Pretty Things, Kooks, snow patrol, fall out boy, we are scientists, panic at the disco and this stuffs been popular for the last few years. Why do energy AND 3FM think we have to listen to wump wump shit on a friday night? Nobodys going to clubs any more, haven't they caught on?

I miss Roger Corkill on manx, now that was going out music! Three stations but no rock show, gah!

It's "the boy Quine" here, as Stu referred to me earlier in this thread.

Slim, if you wish to hear bands such as those you have stated before. Then perhaps the show I present on a Sunday evenings between 7-8pm is your sort of thing. I play all the new releases, mainly indie and guitar based pop/rock. I have featured the all of the bands you have posted above as well as some more obscure offerings.

Donald had carried out some research on Radio Station on the Isle of Man.

He had heard Kerry on the radio.

Donald thought she was probably a very nice girl but in fairness lacked extreme intelligence and charisma. Donald thought she must be a pouting girl with nice 'want to know you eyes'.

Donald looked at Kerry website and found it was for a pouting girl with nice 'want to know you eyes'

Kerry Website

Archived