New Source Of Gravity Releases

section 75

Orchid – Fading Lights/Almost Grey – SofGDigi011 –

Orchid proved himself in 2005 as one of the leaders in melodic electronic music. He kicks off 2006 with a stunning two track release for Source of Gravity Digital. “Fading Lights” is a monster of a track with the cascading melodies found at the track’s core simply stunning. “Almost Grey” is another superb track, this time a little more subtle, but again hitting the mark……Orchid is due to release another two tracker in summer through Source of Gravity with some fine remixes lined up to compliment the original….

Orchid – Fading Lights (Original)

Orchid – Almost Grey (Original)

Support from - Anthony Pappa, Micah, Samer, Sean McClellan, Rotationz Radio, Energy FM, ETN FM

Sterio & McGrath vs. Section 75 - Illusion – SofGDigi012 –

Second up on our opening salvo for 2006, we have the long awaited new release from Sterio & McGrath as they team up with Section 75 to provide “Illusion”….Already progressive tune of the month for January 06 in M-8 Magazine, and receiving support from PVD this release features a fine array of mixes, showcasing the best of progressive house. Lynx’s mix features some awesome atmospherics, Nicholas Bennison gives the track so really drive, whilst the Everydaydowners mix is fine hybrid of the parts of the original and the two other mixes…..enjoy!!!!

Illusion (Lynx remix)

Illusion (Nicholas Bennison remix)

Illusion (Everydaydowners remix)

Support from - Paul van Dyk, Pappa, Dave Begg, Randall Jones, Sean McClellan, Stefano Greppi, M8 Magazine Progressive Tune of the Month for January 2006, Energy FM, Rotationz Radio

www.beatport.com

www.xpressbeats.com

www.djdownload.com

www.3beatdigital.com

www.vonyc.com

www.releaserecords.com

FEEDBACK SO FAR

Illusion - "Lynx Mix"

I like this and l will be playing it out. Should work well out.

Orchid - "Fading Lights"

Really nice tune. Like this a lot. Cool stuff.

Anthony Pappa

Illusion is a nice eerie track...good track for a mix. 8/10

Randall Jones

Tigerhook/Bedrock/Renaissance

Sterio & McGrath v Section 75 - Illusion (SOURCE OF GRAVITY)

Most people probably wouldn't expect top notch prog to be coming straight

from the Isle of Man, but those people obviously haven't heard of Source Of

Gravity! Label honcho Chris Sterio teams up with Steve McGrath (Lynx) and

the Section 75 boy Lee pennington from Middlesborough to deliver this immense 3 track EP.

First up is the Lynx mix, my personal favourite, which sees Mr McGrath take

things that little bit deeper with melodic synths and a floaty bassline.

Next up is Nicholas Bennison's remix. Although I'd normally associate

Nicholas with a harder, more trance-edged sound, he comes up trumps here

with a techy mix that's aimed squarely at the dancefloor, peak-time

progressive as it should be done! Finally we come to the Everydaydowners

remix, a deep prog-houser with cool ethnic samples and an infectious groove

that you can't help but be dragged into. All round this is an awesome

package from the Source Of Gravity guys, their best for some time and a

definite "must buy" this month!M-8/M-8 (Dave Begg)

Illusion: Too deep for my live sets, but production is tight

Lights: not for my live shows, but may very well fit into a radio set

Micah

With Illusion I really like how it is real floaty, nice drifting pads and lots of lush background noises. Just at the breakdown now m8,. building and crashing in with a tidal wave effect of lushness!! Will defo play this.. Solid 8/10!

Sean McClellan (KVK)

Orchid's "Light" has great atmosphere and slick production. Will be playing this for sure.

Illusion is also pretty tight; I loved the bright arps and bass-line. Melodic done right.

Colin C. (The Pushers - L.A)

TRACK NAME : " ILLUSION - LYNX MIX "

" One word 1st " PROGRESSIVE " I’m really feeling this track ... from the offset theirs loads going on to fix your ears into and a nice drum track to lock your legs into. Unlike the way other producers are going at the minute the producers behind this piece stick with the progressive sound that their known for. I love the way the 1st breakdown gets them hairs on the back of my neck rising and then the breakdowns after that as well .. I’m thinking warm up set type of material here as the way things build and all the noises that are going on are bound to build the crowds excitement and feeling for the set ahead. I look forward to airing this on my radio show The Lab Sessions at the end of February and also hearing more of Lynx "

DJ : DAVID LEE ( THE LAB SESSIONS / ORBITALGROOVESRADIO / NIKHS )

Illusion has a proper progressive feel.

Will work mid set

Orchids tracks have killer melodies

ANDY NEWLAND – Audio Deluxe

Illusion – A beautiful piece of music, very dreamy and tripped out. There is a good bass line to drive the message home. I feel that it has a bit of an oriental feel also with some of the keys that are introduced and also the sweeping male vocal.

Fading Lights – Very deep and clever, from the humming bass line in the background to the delayed vocals and percussion over the top all goes together nicely and sends the mind on an epic journey. I have been listening to this track a lot and have grown to love it. If I ever get chance to play a more eclectic / ambient set out then this would certainly be included in there at the moment it is a back to mine necessity though.

PAUL BARDSLEY - *riffraff / Intense promotions

Sterio & McGrath v. Section 75 – “Illusion” – Very Ethereal, nice pads on the melody fading in and out of the track gradually without overpowering that thick, driving bass line. I like the late breakdown in the track with the subtle male voice chant. Really liking the tribal-like elements of the percussion, particularly towards the end! Should make for a very cool single! Would love to hear a full-out tribal remake of this one!

Orchid “Fading Lights” – This shit is trippy right here! Loving the breakbeat element to it. The track’s vibe makes me think of something like being in a comfortably numb coma. I like the light vocals, and I am feeling that rolling bass line that comes in about 1/2 way in. Really liking that tribal-like percussion, sounds like music for a Shaman’s ritual. This track is never static and very progressive; it pushes the envelope nicely without being incoherent. This one is definitely floating on its own dimension, like a fading ride that gently eases into an afterglow!

JD Turbine

DigiPrana Sounds

90.3 FM NYC

Illusion - "Quality synth lines, nice and chilled. A definite warm-up tune for me"

Fading lights - "f**k me this is one sick down tempo tune! Can imagine playing this as a final track"

ALEX EVANS (Seismic Stone)

Excellent beautiful melodies, great mix. 8/10

Stefano Greppi

Screen Recordings UK

Illusion is awesome!!!

Snake Sedric – Tilth Music

Link to Van Dyk's playlist

http://www.paulvandyk.de/low/playlists.asp?id=1634&year=2006

A big thanks to all of you that are supporting these tracks and the Label.

Lee Pennington / Section 75

www.sourceofgravity.com

www.riffraffclub.co.uk

Some more updates on Source of Gravity Sessions:

25th Feb - Paradox Club - Neuchatel, Switzerland

Chris Sterio & Dan Welton

www.paradoxclub.com

www.danwelton.com

www.sourceofgravity.com

Airings of Source of Gravity presents Section 75 : Passage to Dawn mix

3rd March – www.vonyc.com – Germany – 21.00

16th March – www.scratchnspin.net – USA – 20.00 EST

18th March – www.energyfm.net – Isle of Man - 20.00

2nd April – www.rotationz.be – Belgium - 20.00

Tracklisting:

Orchid & Narcose - Switchback – Source of Gravity Digital

Orchid & Narcose – The Bells – Source of Gravity Digital

Alex Stealthy - Being (Sterio & McGrath’s Trojan remix) - Pangea Recordings

Blast Furnace – Witchcraft (KVK remix) – Source of Gravity Digital

Nicholas Bennison – Soloplex – Source of Gravity Digital

Porter & Blain – Surrounding Darkness (Joshua Thomas remix) – Source of Gravity Records

Sterio & McGrath vs. Section 75 – Illusion (Lynx remix) – Source of Gravity Digital

Sterio & McGrath vs. Section 75 – Illusion (Everydaydowners remix) – Source of Gravity Digital

Chris Sterio – Orion – Source of Gravity Records

Cheers!!

sourceofgravity@manx.net

www.sourceofgravity.com

Archived