Chinese Circus

Rhumsaa

It's all personal taste I guess but I found the Shaolin Warriors the most disappointing... I think it is more to do with me being a miserable sod but the bouncing round with sticks wasn't great for me...

Maybe you'd appreciate their control & skill a bit better if you were on the wrong end of those staffs. :)

yeah I know what you're saying there.... I suppose it's like the breaking bricks on their face with a sledgemhammer style of thing..... it's bloody amazing and I could never do it but it's been on TV a few times and it all seems old news and long winded with the build up etc

Yes I feel a bit sorry for you, but did they tell you it was a restricted view.

Don't recall seeing that on our tickets but I was in the circle.

I do remember seeing a comment on the tickets about no cameras being allowed though... ;)

Cret I heard the "No Flash Cameras" but didn't see it on the tickets as I never looked. They were taken with a camera phone (no flash) during the interval so no breach of copyright towards the show. I had to take the pic otherwise nobody would have believed me. :P

They did mention to the wife when she booked that it "might" be a restricted view, which will be in their policy but they must have told everyone in that area when they booked their tickets, it didnt' stop us all winging to each other about it. One couple even left half way through the first session.

It made for an intersting show, seeing jugglers throw things into mid air and not hear them smash on the floor, guys leaping from poles and not end up in the audience. The best bit was when people clapped and I had no idea why.

Edited because of my stupid spelling

Cret I heard the "No Flash Cameras" but didn't see it on the tickets as I never looked. They were taken with a camera phone (no flash) during the interval so no breach of copyright towards the show. I had to take the pic otherwise nobody would have believed me. :P

I thought it odd when they specifically mentioned 'flash photography' too I must admit, but on the tickets it did basically say you couldn't use any photographic equipment so that would also include cameraphones. :P

Sorry you had a seat like that though - I would have been livid not to be able to see it properly!

If it wasn't so farcical I would have been mad as well but you live and learn. Next time there is something on at the Villa and they mention pillars then they wont make the sale from me but no doubt they will to some poor unsuspecting sod, that's why I put the pics up to warn others. Apparently according to those that go regularly (why they never tell you before you go). They always have this kind of problem when the action is on the far stage, if the action is in the centre then the pillars are not a problem as the seating is arranged for centre not far end. As I said you live and learn.

I feel your pain with that view. We went to the last show and were up in the top seats of the villa at the side, and the view wasn't much better. Mind you that was at least half to do with the woman sitting next to me, who decided that the only way she would be able to see would be to block my view. When I sat forward so did she, and when I'd finally had enough and sat on the top of the back of the chair (not the most comfortable place to sit for an hour and a half) within 5 minutes she was also doing that, all the while blocking the middle of the stage from my view....

I wasn't impressed, but what I did see was great! The chefs were definately the funniest act.

My boyfriend tried to get tickets for us to go on Valentines day. But because we're crap we didn't get round to booking tickets until last minute, by which time the only evening seats were on the Thursday, and the lady on the phone told him that they were restricted view. I'd go as far as to say that she basically told him not to buy the tickets because they weren't worth the money and we wouldn't be able to see anything.

So if that's the view you get, that woman on the phone was a bloody star. The fact that the restricted view tickets aren't even at a reduced rate is ridiculous.

Just found the ticket stubs from the night.

Cret you were right

"CAMERAS AND RECORDING EQUIPMENT FORBIDDEN"

"PLEASE NOTE STROBE LIGHTING MAY BE USED"

Must remeber to bring my strobe lighting with me next time so I can use it.

Archived