An Idiot Is An Idiot Regardless Of What They Are Doing..

=^..^=

Good point!

I pick up dog shit, because of other people's pecadilloes.

exactly! That is why we are doing more than we should, we collect them purely because other people don't like them, nothing to do with the environment or any real reason, just because people are so damn dumb, they can't watch where they are walking. I don't drop litter ever, but a dog faeces is not the same, lifeforms live on that dog shit! it is part of life. We collect it because we are told to by those without a dog. Life sucks.

I don't entirely agree with you. It isn't a big deal to clean up after my dog and other people are so offended by it. Where's the harm in doing it?

However, I think fair's fair, and I should get my turn to ban something. I can't make up my mind, though. I'm torn between motorcars in Douglas, or James Blunt songs in public places.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the harm in doing it is exactly what you said before declan, once we start adhering to one thing, where is the next? and the next? have we really got it so bad now?

I do clean up after my two, but not in the country.

Catchy wrote: . I pick up after my dog almost always, but not in the countryside because 1) it is a natural byproduct and 2) there is no-one there to see my dog poo

If I see someone letting their dog shit and not pick it up I'll have them reported, yep even in the countryside.

I also enjoy the countryside but all too often you see the some selfish people not taking their dogs shits home or putting them in the bins provided. The favourite trick does seem to be to wrap them up on plastic and throw them in the hedge, wrapped up never to decay, perhaps leaving them for the next generation?

Before you start with the flames, I own a dog, a rather large dog that leaves rather large shits. I collect these rather large shits and deposit them in the bins provided. If there's no bin handy, I'll carry the shit until I find a bin. It's not exactly rocket science.

I also ride a mountain bike and can comfirm that getting shit on your bike isn't very nice. I'm wondering, do dog owners, like catchy, have to wash bike shit off their dogs?

http://www.newtownabbey.gov.uk/dogs/toxocara.htm is a link to the parasite that can be found in your dogs jobbies.

The sad thing is, people who abuse the plantations will end up getting all dog walking banned.

Added: Letting your dog foul is illegal, quick search on the government site will provide the big words.

Yes, agree with you Maggle.

I too have a quite large dog (Lab) and a little one (cross Border/Lakeland Terrier), so both ends of the spectrum re collection and disposal. I also have a cat, but I'm buggered if I am going to go out and find where he has donated!

I also ride a mountain bike and can comfirm that getting shit on your bike isn't very nice. I'm wondering, do dog owners, like catchy, have to wash bike shit off their dogs?

Probably not but I quite often have to wash horse shit off our dog. I wouldnt really mind except he objects to losing what he obviously regards as a very attractive deodorant.

Quite interesting Glad to be Back, you let your cats shit but wholy agree with current dog laws?

I won't ever collect my dog shit in the country, and only in the towns because of laws and my own conciense. Report me all you like, in fact where do you walk maggle, I will go there just for the confrontation. Guarantee you are all fart and no shit. :)

I searched the government site and can find no such thing, can you provide a reference?

Can you provide any real reasons why dog shit is such a nasty thing? Especially if compared to the other litter (non-biodegradable stuff)? Can anyone give a real reason apart from law and not liking it?

Probably not but I quite often have to wash horse shit off our dog. I wouldnt really mind except he objects to losing what he obviously regards as a very attractive deodorant.

Have you ever tried washing fox shit off a dog? Fox shit must be the worst smelling thing on this planet (apart from a work colleague) and dogs just love rolling in it. Compared to that, horse shit just smells of the countryside!

Quite interesting Glad to be Back, you let your cats shit but wholy agree with current dog laws?

I won't ever collect my dog shit in the country, and only in the towns because of laws and my own conciense. Report me all you like, in fact where do you walk maggle, I will go there just for the confrontation. Guarantee you are all fart and no shit. :)

I searched the government site and can find no such thing, can you provide a reference?

Can you provide any real reasons why dog shit is such a nasty thing? Especially if compared to the other litter (non-biodegradable stuff)? Can anyone give a real reason apart from law and not liking it?

No, I didn't say I agreed with the dog laws, Maggle edited his/her post after I had replied. What I agree with is that we run the risk of being banned from every public place if we can't demonstrate that we are responsible!

Sadly, despite very persuasive argument with the cat, he still insists on going outside to finish the job that started with a shopping trip to Tesco's!

I've read through this (long) thread and I have to side with the anti-shit party. I don't like dog shit, especially on foot paths, beaches, streets etc. Now I wouldn't expect someone out in sticks to carry a turd for 3 miles to the nearest bin, a compromise would be to maybe to throw it in a hedge or another inaccessible place (obviously no bag!). Whether it be in the country side (define..) or on a street - if you're walking there, chances are, someone else will be too. And as for people who walk their dogs on football pitches, jeez.

Its all about consideration for others. You can look at the argument in as much depth as you like, bottom line is it boils down to individual's behavior. Unfortunately for dog owners there's obviously enough crappy owners around to make shit a real problem, and its the responsible majority who suffer.

How does the offside rule come into play during such situations?

I mean, if it was a deliberate foul, caused by a sliding tackle that forced the player into the offside position would the ref look to the linesmen to see if the player was marked?

Archived