An Idiot Is An Idiot Regardless Of What They Are Doing..

=^..^=

The Government should have someone employed to be a "Dog Shit Patroller" and issue on the spot fees for up to £500, £100 should be issued for letting their dogs crap on a public footpath straight away, unless they scoop it up.

With their bare hands.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Government should have someone employed to be a "Dog Shit Patroller" and issue on the spot fees for up to £500, £100 should be issued for letting their dogs crap on a public footpath straight away, unless they scoop it up.

Makes me mad too and I know some people are fed up with the topic but as long as it persists, it will always be a problem

Dog Warden could do it - hardly pushed for work is he?

There are two bylaws enforements officers paid, it should be their job to catch errant owners. Can't imagine what they would do if they caught someone though, wo9uld anyone take any notice of a Corpy worker trying to fine them £50? I'd just give a false name and address whilst apologising that I can't pick it up due to my bad back, and anyway I never saw it because I am regsitered blind. They are probably too scared to look for anyone, if the weedy green trousered bunch they usually employ are anything to go by, scared they might set the dog on them!

I am happy to agree to disagree with those who think that because the law says pick it up,even in the country, wrap it in a plastic bag and incinerate it, sorry but I am leaving it for nature to take care of. a pavement or in town is another matter, I will collect it then, I am sure there are no laws about the countryside anyway.

Cret I am me to decide what I do and what laws I obey, and I'm sure that along with me most people have broken much more serious laws than dog doo ones! not whining about anything, merely giving my POV

Fair enough mate.

To summarise your points that you've made and repeated.

1) Dog shit is basically the same as litter, but it's fine for you to leave it lying around.

2) Despite rules saying you must pick it up, you don't think they need apply to you.

3) You should only obey laws you agree with.

4) If you were caught breaking the law you're more than happy to give false details to the authorities concerned.

5) You don't believe dog shit is potentially dangerous.

6) You'd class yourself as an 'errant owner'.

7) You think the oil from mountain bike chains is more of a public nuisance than dog shit

8 ) I'm bored now so I'll stop with these.

Wow, you're one uber cool rebel. :rolleyes:

A real role model for society....

And, I dont know how you can think that its ok for dogs to shit in the countryside, you wouldnt be sayin the same thing if your kid fell in it, got it in their eyes would you?

Put it this way, I would kick the shit outta the dog big time, it wouldnt shit anymore!

And, I dont know how you can think that its ok for dogs to shit in the countryside, you wouldnt be sayin the same thing if your kid fell in it, got it in their eyes would you?

Put it this way, I would kick the shit outta the dog big time, it wouldnt shit anymore!

At least after the Douglas Corporations huge advertising campaign last year we all know what a piece of dog sh*t looks like. Personally I'd always wondered what that brown stuff was ... until I saw a five foot square picture on a pole.

For this year now we know what it is I suggest they hand pictures out to the street cleaning department so they can actually do something about it.

Fair enough mate.

To summarise your points that you've made and repeated.

1) Dog shit is basically the same as litter, but it's fine for you to leave it lying around.

No, I said in town it is the same as litter, in the coutry it is perfectly natural unlike other litter. if it helps you understand I would leave a banana skin too, but not a coke can

2) Despite rules saying you must pick it up, you don't think they need apply to you.

No, I said I don't believe there are rules for the countryside, but if there were I would not obey, no.

3) You should only obey laws you agree with.

No, I said I don't obey laws I don't agree with, along with lots of other people

4) If you were caught breaking the law you're more than happy to give false details to the authorities concerned.

If I could get away with it

5) You don't believe dog shit is potentially dangerous.

nope

6) You'd class yourself as an 'errant owner'.

nope

7) You think the oil from mountain bike chains is more of a public nuisance than dog shit

nope, but to wildlife yes

8 ) I'm bored now so I'll stop with these.

good

Wow, you're one uber cool rebel. :rolleyes:

A real role model for society....

thanks!

:lol: a fight between you and my dog, I know who would win

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I do pick up after my dogs and do also leave the bag on the side of the path to collect on my return, rather than carry the bag for the rest of the walk swinging and banging against my leg! I also agree that there do seem to be some people who are offended by everything and seem very happy to make others who indulge in certain activities pariahs (eg. dog-owners, smokers, etc.).

There has been a long campaign to isolate dog owners, starting with the exclusion of dogs from pubs and now the prohibition on taking dogs onto Douglas beach during the summer months. Not that anyone else uses the beach then anyway.

But I do also think that some (quite a few actually, judging by the state of the Marine Drive) dog owners are shooting us all in the foot by not clearing up after their dog and playing into the hands of the opposition!

Dogs are not banned from the beach either, they are just supposed to be in control and not shit! check the signs, they are the same at all the beaches on the island, including douglas. If they were banned that would really be a travesty, why should people who use the beach all year round be banned from using it in summer just because of a few poeple who go there on one of the two or three days ayear we get nice weather! There is no-one else using it!

Sorry to resurrect this theme, but I took the big dog onto Douglas beach today and checked out the signs. They clearly say that dogs shall not be at large (whatever that means) between May and September and that allowing a dog to foul will be subject to a fine EVEN IF THE OWNER PICKS IT UP! To my mind that is an effective ban on dogs on the beach during the summer months even if it is not explicitly stated, because there is no way that a dog taken on a walk will not crap; it seems to be a natural reaction.

Again, I apologise for reviving this one, but it was a point of clarity.

Archived