Royal Mail Thefts

LoneWolf

Last Year I sent a Home Video CD rom to family in Peterborough. It never arrived. The same week my daughter in Peterborough found an opened parcel to a neighbour in a hedge whilst she was walking the dog. The parcel had been left on the front doorstep. Since neither parcel had been sent by secure post I now always send Parcel Force or signed for delivery. Birthday cheques I send in Plain brown envelopes, signed for delivery, and NOT in the Birthday card.

i have never had things go missing but when i lived in the UK i did have a problem with my postie

whenever i ordered a dvd or interesting package it arrived in a tampered with state

eg he was checking my post to see if it was worth nicking

i just happened to live across the street from the head posties best mate though

when i mentioned it he said he had had previous complaints and it would be dealt with

shortly afterwards i had a new postie....

have had no problems here though my postie is good (does leave parcels on my doorstep though)

Hi all.

The problem I have with the post is not from the post office, but some of the couriers.

I have had stuff arrive when I am out all day and it just gets left on the step when it's obvious that it's either DVD's, CD's or books. I've got to the point where I ask all senders to mark the packages "DO NOT LEAVE ON STEP" in nice big friendly letters. <_<

It really makes you wonder if these guy's are using joined-up-thinking at times. :huh:

(Oh, first post on the forum, so hello all :) )

Archived