Who Cares If There Isn't Any Drag Hunting

as_it_happens

From MR website

The hounds, from the Berks and Bucks hunt will be over with their huntsman: but organisers of the Islands drag hunt, who got rid of their own pack last year and who are now hoping that importing guest packs will gain the support of local horse riders say response so far has been disappointing.

How did they get rid of their own pack? I would hope by re-homing, but probably not? It is really distasteful how people exploit animals. I am not a "knit-your-own-muesli" type and eat meat etc. but find the enjoyment of watching one animal kill another hard to comprehend, let alone make it a sport. If an animal has to kill to survive, then fine, it's nature, but to manipulate that situation for pleasure is beyond me.

Our now elderly terrier dog was bred for rabbiting, but she wasn't brave enough to go down rabbit holes. We rescued her before a shovel was going to decapitate her. Nice people, eh? (They were Gyppos)

Before a welter of posts, I know a drag hunt doesn't involve a kill, but what happened to the dogs that were got rid of?

From haXOred_Account:-

"is this why chris de bray wasn't on last week? can't see why MR wasted a few seconds of tape on this crap.."

..possibly 'cos the wife of the reporter who floated the story and previous ones on the subject likes to dress up in a bowler hat and use a crop whilst out exercising her mount??? does that make promoting stories about drag hunting somebody's hidden agenda??

How did they get rid of their own pack? I would hope by re-homing, but probably not? It is really distasteful how people exploit animals. I am not a "knit-your-own-muesli" type and eat meat etc. but find the enjoyment of watching one animal kill another hard to comprehend, let alone make it a sport. If an animal has to kill to survive, then fine, it's nature, but to manipulate that situation for pleasure is beyond me.

Our now elderly terrier dog was bred for rabbiting, but she wasn't brave enough to go down rabbit holes. We rescued her before a shovel was going to decapitate her. Nice people, eh? (They were Gyppos)

Before a welter of posts, I know a drag hunt doesn't involve a kill, but what happened to the dogs that were got rid of?

Maybe the Berks and Bucks hunt did manage to re-home the hounds, perhaps they were humanely destroyed, does it really matter?

I imagine almost all of us exploit animals for pleasure in one way or another, we kill them and eat them or we wear their skins....because we enjoy doing so. In the past we have taken them out of their natural environment, caged them in zoos and circus shows....all for our enjoyment.

I think it's natural that we want to kill animals to eat, but it isn't necessary for our survival, we could exist on a vegetarian diet and be healthy, but we kill animals anyway because we enjoy cooking and eating their flesh.

We wear leather shoes and clothes and carry leather handbags and wallets because we enjoy it, there are plenty of alternatives we could use that wouldn't involve killing animals but we kill them anyway, because we can.

It's natural enough, (imho) that man exploits animals for whatever reason he sees fit and i think it's a tad hypocritical to berate others for exploiting animals for pleasure when all of us are (or have been) guilty of the same thing.

If you re-read my post you will see I am asking about the comment that the MANX hunt got rid of their pack of hounds (would like to know the answer to that, because it does matter to people like me at least) and also that I am not against eating animals, etc. but against deriving pleasure in watching them tear each other apart!

As a member of the fairer sex, I am horrified to think that "me essential bits" have the same colloquial epithet as a group of chinless wonders who wouldn't know what to do with one if they fell over it!

(BTW, one of the worst phrases in pillowtalk is "let the dog see the rabbit"!)

Edited to add: FI, its still wrong! So I have substituted a word I can spell that has the equivalent desired effect!

Archived