Xbox Live

monkey_magic

I renewed my Xbox live subscription a couple of months ago.

Now my credit card is about to expire, and they have sent me an email asking for my new credit card details. I explained that I didn't see a need to give them my details until my subscription is due for renewal again, in May 2005, but they insist that they need valid card details at all times.

I phoned them up to ask why this was, and if my account would be cancelled if I don't give them my new credit card details, and am waiting for them to get back to me with a reply (the person who answered the phone didn't know).

Has anybody else had this?

was thinking of getting an xbox till found out you need credit card and can't use switch for live.

would of thought switch was just as good, they must lose some custom from people who don't want credit cards but would like to use live.

I renewed my Xbox live subscription a couple of months ago. 

Now my credit card is about to expire, and they have sent me an email asking for my new credit card details.  I explained that I didn't see a need to give them my details until my subscription is due for renewal again, in May 2005, but they insist that they need valid card details at all times. 

I phoned them up to ask why this was, and if my account would be cancelled if I don't give them my new credit card details, and am waiting for them to get back to me with a reply (the person who answered the phone didn't know).

Has anybody else had this?

M_M is really isn't a problem - actually I'm pleased that they have actually contacted you (even if the xxxxwit on the phone didn't know why!)

When your card expires yes it's obvious that you get a new one, but the actual number changes too.

Believe me, I'd far rather have that than getting changed for non-payment because the card details don't match anymore. Try getting your money back after that too! They are bastards I tell you!

And the truly annoying thing is that even a monkey could do it! ;):P:lol:

was thinking of getting an xbox till found out you need credit card and can't use switch  for live.

would of thought switch was just as good, they must lose some custom from people who don't want credit cards  but would like to use live.

Does your bank not some kind of debit/delta card available? They aren't like traditional credit cards as such but at least gain you access to most things - for which switch is pants for!

(Lordy, did I just talk Barclays up for the SECOND time this year??!)

It's because you can purchase content over xbox live as well as subscribe to play. Stuff like extra tracks for Proj Gotham, extra courses for links, etc.

I thought it might be something to do with that, but the thing is I have no intention of downloading extra content that I have to pay for.

M_M is really isn't a problem - actually I'm pleased that they have actually contacted you (even if the xxxxwit on the phone didn't know why!)

When your card expires yes it's obvious that you get a new one, but the actual number changes too.

My problem with it is, I've already paid for a years subscription. They already have my money, but it looks like I may be disconnected regardless unless I give them my new credit card details. I don't think I should have to give them my new card details unless I decide to renew my membership in May 2005, and I might not.

I don't want anyone knowing my card details if I'm not actually paying for something. Maybe I've missed something though.

I'm sure it is, it's just that I keep telling myself not to buy any more games until I've competed the ones I've got. Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Colin McRae 4, and Zelda Windwaker all sitting in my DVD rack hardly touched at the moment. I'm too busy caning GTA:VC, PGR2, and Tiger Woods 04.

PGR 2 is fantastic though, and it's hard to see how that can be improved so I suppose extra tracks etc is a good idea. Hmmm, maybe you're twisting my arm!

Oh, and the reason I'm considering not renewing my xbox live subscription is cos, although I think it's a great service and decent value for money, I'm planning on buying a house in the near future and doubt I'll be able to afford extra luxuries like broadband.

Archived