Will Mt Say Phone Recording Means The Service Costs Go Up?

manxchatterbox

will this happen on IOM?

Phone records to be kept for up to 2 yrs

Tuesday, February 21 16:59:53

Phone firms will have to keep details of calls for up to two years under new anti terrorist EU rules agreed today.

The rules have been given final approval by EU justice ministers.

The retention rules are aimed at fighting terrorism and other serious crimes.

Each member state can decide the precise period for which the data must be kept, with a range of six months to the maximum of two years.

Companies must keep details of who contacted whom by phone or on the internet, and the time and location of calls.

Content of calls, e-mails, text messages and internet connections do not have to be logged.

Member states must implement the rules by the middle of next year.

views and comments please....

will this happen on IOM?

Phone records to be kept for up to 2 yrs

Tuesday, February 21 16:59:53

Phone firms will have to keep details of calls for up to two years under new anti terrorist EU rules agreed today.

The rules have been given final approval by EU justice ministers.

The retention rules are aimed at fighting terrorism and other serious crimes.

Each member state can decide the precise period for which the data must be kept, with a range of six months to the maximum of two years.

Companies must keep details of who contacted whom by phone or on the internet, and the time and location of calls.

Content of calls, e-mails, text messages and internet connections do not have to be logged.

Member states must implement the rules by the middle of next year.

views and comments please....

Will what happen on IOM ?

Do you never read what it is you are about to post ?

We aren't a member state and as far as the interweb goes thats been covered in the UK by the RIP bill since 2001.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theissues/articl...,334007,00.html

Old news.

The only people who will worry are the ones with something to hide.

Thats not me so I'm not bothered. If it catches one criminal I'm quite happy for the police to 'invade' my private call and listen to me blabber on for hours about how good Tomastik strings are etc...

We aren't a member state and as far as the interweb goes thats been covered in the UK by the RIP bill since 2001.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theissues/articl...,334007,00.html

Old news.

Thats not me so I'm not bothered. If it catches one criminal I'm quite happy for the police to 'invade' my private call and listen to me blabber on for hours about how good Tomastik strings are etc...

I agree... as long as the power is not abused...

Terran

What utter rubbish. EVERYONE should worry especially those with nothing to hide.

The problem comes in with the human factor, the typo when setting up a search pattern, the wrong links on a relational database and the simple abuse of data.

I'm just surprised that phone records aren't kept anyway as a matter of course.

But I hate the fact that this is another thing pushed forward under the "terrorism" branding that has become so popular since September 11th. Britain suffered countless terrorist attacks in the last thirty years, and it was handled relatively discreetly. But since the USA suffered it's become a tool for political spin.

Terrorism (and Muslims) take up a disproportionate amount of space in our media.[/rant over]

But I hate the fact that this is another thing pushed forward under the "terrorism" branding that has become so popular since September 11th. Britain suffered countless terrorist attacks in the last thirty years, and it was handled relatively discreetly. But since the USA suffered it's become a tool for political spin.

You'll be sorry when a Al Qaeda trained telephone gets you and forces you to read the koran and eat goat. The end is nigh. I saw it on the telly.

:ph34r:

Archived