Why Couldn't The Budget Include Some Help For People Wishing To Buy Or Replace Their Pc?

manxchatterbox

well I'm pleased that dooahhdoo already knew all about the scheme whereas I and possibly quite a few others didn't..so please dooahhdoo tell us all about it and how it works in practice its advantages and disadvantages....I'm keen to hear yours and others views on it...

But she's talking to you!

And that's the clue mcb...go into all the shops, search online and phone all the suppliers you can think of to find a 'GLOBAL' brand PC...personally I recommend their XL5 model. Don't take no for an answer. You'll be too busy to post on here for a while, but somehow I'm sure we'll get by.

Fanx taraa!

I could do with a new tumble dryer, sad to see no help in the budget for me either! :P

Well said.

Even sadder, there isnt a raging debate on the forum about the content of the budget.

Im not sure if this means the budget was a total non event or if everyone is so peed off with manx politics there is just no interest.

Apathy rules ?

Dont some employees of the Taxpayers/Government get a good deal through Government for lap tops, mobile phones, faxes and free broad band, what more do you want

Im not sure individuals get deals on all of these ?

People who need vpn access to work out of hours at home probably get their broadband paid for and I should imagine people who need to be on call or available 24/7 will be given a mobile phone.

The Gov offers software deals via a Microsoft initiative. Thats available to any company who have the same sort of licence arrangement with Microsoft as the Gov do.

What perks have you heard about ?

I could do with a new tumble dryer, sad to see no help in the budget for me either! :P

Well said.

Even sadder, there isnt a raging debate on the forum about the content of the budget.

Im not sure if this means the budget was a total non event or if everyone is so peed off with manx politics there is just no interest.

Apathy rules ?

Haven't seen the detail yet!

If you are on a low income there is:

A £100 p.a. increase in the Personal Allowance Credit and the removal of any tax liability for those solely or mainly in receipt of benefit income (with some exceptions)

But fantastic if you earn say over £600,000 as your tax is capped at £100,000!

Who will have the biggest smiles?

Archived