The Islands Worst Sales Assistant

caringwife

I think i just had the misfortune to come across the worst ever sales assistant. I went into a certain opticians in Onchan to purchase some new glasses, asked for assistance and apart from being ignored to start with, i was then asked if the glasses were for me?

My head went blank, but i wish now i had told her that i had borrowed somebody elses eyeballs which were in my pocket and they needed glasses urgently!

Or perhaps the glasses i wear are invisible...

The assistant then decided she could be bothered after all to help me, said 'oh i must need ladies glasses then' (no, actually im a man in drag :huh: ) and spent all of 5 seconds looking at some glasses until another customer came through the door who was much, much more important than silly old me so i walked out.

I am now wondering how on earth they actually do any business when they treat potential customers like this!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe without realising it your eyesight has deteriorated to the point where you don't realise but you're actually putting on men's clothes in the morning, and you were actually speaking to another customer and not the assistant at all? :)

Maybe without realising it your eyesight has deteriorated to the point where you don't realise but you're actually putting on men's clothes in the morning, and you were actually speaking to another customer and not the assistant at all? :)

or -

you walked into the butchers instead?

I wonder if they have any connection with the now defunct Bon Ton Stores. They made Basil Fawlty seem like a Silver Service waiter.

Ah happy memories, it was certainly no pleasure going in there! They made you feel very unwelcome and seemed to treat everyone as a potential shop lifter.

Barman at IOM Airport departures gets my vote - you actually feel guilty for ordering a drink from him, made obvious by all the huffing and puffing he makes!

<_<

My God aren't you right! He has the most dreadful attitude of anyone who works in what might be laughingly described as 'customer service'. I cannot believe he is still in that position. Every time I go to the airport I expect him to be gone - but no - there he is - sweating, huffing, puffing - no eye contact and not a hint of a smile.

And never any lemon for my pre-requisite G+T either. :/

It isn't just here, taken from another forum -

Once this bloke I used to know, called Barry, was out drinking in the Tap & Spile on Shields Road in Byker (now a bicycle shop, I think) with a few friends, one of whom mentioned that she'd cooked a chilli earleir that evening and why didn't everyone go back to her house where they could sample said dish?

Great idea.

Ah - but wouldn't it be even better to grate some cheese on top of the chilli, hmm? Sadly, the cook didn't have any cheese, so Barry opted (this being past 11pm) to go to the all-night garage down the road to enquire as to the availability of cheese.

At that time of night, of course, the front door of the shop was locked and Barry had to ask through the glass panel about it.

"Hang on," says the 4' 11" girl on the till, "I'll see what we've got."

She saunters over to the fridge, finds she's too small to peer into it, goes and fetches a ladder (all the while an increasingly agitate queue forming behind Barry) and has a good look into the fridge, puts the ladder back and waddles back to the glass panel.

"We've got orange or yellow."

Archived