The Islands Worst Sales Assistant

caringwife

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well in the same vein as Sydney's post, I'd like to say that with regards to Manx Telecom, some of the best service I've received has been from them. I've had a problem with my home ADSL which was dealt with promptly, including a home visit at a time that suited me. Also a problem with my mobile which resulted in one of the engineers taking time to come via my house on his way home to sort it out.

On both occasions MT let me know what was happening with the query (like if someone else in another department had taken up the issue) and each time I received a follow up courtesy call to make sure everything was OK.

I'd like to say that with regards to Manx Telecom, some of the best service I've received has been from them...

It’s a matter of scale. If a telecoms company can’t get right fixing a mobile or a home ADSL connection it’d be like an electrician not being able to replace a lightbulb. Business needs are a little more demanding. That’s all I can say really.

on the other hand, what people in the service industies have to put up with....

Woman goes in shop to collect something being repaired, it having been left by husband.

When asked for her repair ticket says that they weren't given one, it was just written on a piece of paper and put in a bag, which is not the procedure used by the shop, but despite this they search their records for an item as described, but nothing is found.

Woman creates huge fuss in the shop in front of other customers before leaving threatening all sorts.

Shop staff go to another shop nearby to ask if an item has possibly been left there, which it was. Phoned husband to tell them to try going back to the shop they left their stuff in next time, not a word of thanks, no apology for huge fuss in shop and false accusations or wasted time or even thanks for finding their goods for them.

you can't win 'em all :rolleyes:

An oft-told, though probably apocryphal, story:

A man volunteers for service in 1939 and, after surviving the war, he's demobbed sometime in 1946. Trying on his best suit and being delighted to find that it still fits, he discovers a ticket in his inside pocket and recalls having put his best shoes in for repair shortly before signing up.

Not really expecting that they'll still be there, he nips into Hudson's shoe repair shop in King Street and hands the ticket over without comment.

The assistant glances at it, casts his eyes over the shelves behind him, and says:

"They'll be ready next Tuesday, sir."

Heh.. that was one of my dad's favourite jokes. Thanks for reminding me. :)

I put two pairs of curtains in for dry cleaning this week. It was £30 a pair to have them done. Went to pick them up today and had to listen to the assistant bleating that they came out of the drier very very creased and that they were very very hard to iron and that she only had a very very small iron to do them with and they took her a very very long time.

I said I supposed that's why it was very very expensive to have them done then.

She wasn't best pleased.

What is it about dry cleaners?

I put a dress in one once (not on the Island). The assistant took a long time inspecting it and pointing out every piece of dirt on it, claiming that they might not get removed by the dry cleaning process. I asked them if there was any point in giving it to them seeing as they were unsure of whether their cleaning was any good. Cue blank look from assistant. I put it in anyway and it came back spotless.

• 2 weeks later...

What has happened to our favourite man at the airport? Over the last couple of months of going through security taking most of my clothes off including wrist watch I used to look forward to sitting in front of the bar and watch our man perform.

Even that little pleasure has been denied. Has he been promoted?

Has anyone seen him outside of his workplace, he'd be easy to spot but I've never seen him.

What has happened to our favourite man at the airport? Over the last couple of months of going through security taking most of my clothes off including wrist watch I used to look forward to sitting in front of the bar and watch our man perform.

Even that little pleasure has been denied. Has he been promoted?

Has anyone seen him outside of his workplace, he'd be easy to spot but I've never seen him.

I think he burst

Archived