The Islands Worst Sales Assistant

caringwife

Yes, the barman at the airport wins my vote too. He must hate the job and very customer. He just oozies contempt and distain to customers. The high prices and his attitude make it such a delight to the start of a long day.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're joking aren't you?

They serve what is laughingly known as 'fish' in the cafe downstairs. The 'fish' comes with lemon. It is the the lemon that distinguishes it from the other dishes on offer.

Would it be against airport regulations for someone to carry some lemon up the stairs to the departure lounge where their customers are asked to pay £6+ for a large gin and tonic? (Without lemon)

Anyway - he could use the side of his tongue to cut it - trust me.

The old bag in the airport newsagents isn't much better. Scowling old cow.

Ffs sake is she still there? She took so long to serve us once i honestly thought we would miss our flight, the shelves she was stacking came before serving customers. I was wondering if anyone would mention her in this thread.

Not quite rudeness, but how's this for service (or a poor attempt at bullshit) from an assistant in the designer section of a certain well known high street store over here.

I took a jacket which had shrunk slightly after washing at the recommended 40 degrees. When I explained this she looked me in the eye and said that there were two temperatures at 40 degrees, had I used the right one?

You can imagine how the conversation proceeded after that!

Barman at IOM Airport departures gets my vote - you actually feel guilty for ordering a drink from him, made obvious by all the huffing and puffing he makes!

My vote too with out a doubt !!

Seems this guy is far ahead of anyone else mentioned so far.

Why not create some sort of annual award for this title, perhaps with some trophy made from rubbish of some description and someone could present it to the winner each year. You never know - it might just prompt them to change their ways.

Or if you present it to their boss perhaps they'd get fired and someone more pleasant might get the job! :)

Why not create some sort of annual award for this title, perhaps with some trophy made from rubbish of some description and someone could present it to the winner each year. You never know - it might just prompt them to change their ways.

Or if you present it to their boss perhaps they'd get fired and someone more pleasant might get the job! :)

Sounds like a good idea - any ideas for a name?

WOCSA - "Worst Customer Service Award"

TATGYF - "The Award That Gets You Fired" or something...

Although the Island is still way ahead, compared to ze Heimatland - you'll be lucky to get a smile there at all, so count yourselfs lucky...

Barman at IOM Airport departures gets my vote - you actually feel guilty for ordering a drink from him, made obvious by all the huffing and puffing he makes!

My vote too with out a doubt !!

I was in the airport today. He has now replaced the old bag in the shop. The way he greets his customers should be a lesson to us all

Sometimes in (a newsagent branch in Douglas) I shuffle my place in the queue so that if possible I don't have to deal with the volume of the breezy cheerful "goooood .... morning" which one of the staff shouts (even in the pm).

(It's like being attacked by Sandi Toksvig.) Too friendly isn't good either IMO. There's a nice neutral middle ground.

Archived