Psp Firmware

germann

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much charge is there in the battery? The downgrading instructions I have state that there must be some charge in the battery or it will not work. (Not downgraded yet, was planning to do it tonight).

I've got to admit I'm being a bit of a pussy, I really don't want to fook my machine up...I got a white japanese psp ( £100 in HK ) and don't think I could handle the bus journeys up to Douglas without it...

Matter of interest what games are you guys playing at the moment?

I'm currently hooked on Wipeout and mercury...Got GTA but found the analogue stick a bit clumsy for decent control, so finished it and traded it in ( got 85% complete )

Any recommendations?

• 4 months later...
Even bigger woohoo! It works & takes only a couple of mins. Got meself a onepointfiver :)

so this works then?

i'm wanting to upgrade to 2.6 to play locoroco, but want to make sure i can downgrade it again.

It also says you need an original copy of gta liberty city, how can you tell if its an original or a latest version?

Even bigger woohoo! It works & takes only a couple of mins. Got meself a onepointfiver :)

so this works then?

i'm wanting to upgrade to 2.6 to play locoroco, but want to make sure i can downgrade it again.

It also says you need an original copy of gta liberty city, how can you tell if its an original or a latest version?

If it's more than a few months old, then it should be ok. Check the firmware update on the GTA UMD, If it shows 'upgrade to 2.0' then you'll be fine.

Everything works great on my 'new' v1.5. Just need to find a decent iso loader. Haven't tried to go back up to 2.6 yet, but I guess that wouldn't be a problem.

i've done the 2.5 to 1.5 downgrade and it really is a very simple quick process!

if you take your time and do it right i don't think there's a high risk of bricking your psp.

the best iso loader by far is DevHook - a new version was released a couple of days ago that emulates 2.6 firmware meaning i have a 1.5 that "thinks" its a 2.6

on the game front - Loco Roco is absolutely great!

so this works then?

You can tell which version of GTA by looking at the spine of the UMD box....

GTA: LCS (Pre 2.6 version):

ULES-00151# (THE ONE YOU NEED!!)

GTA: LCS (Patched 2.6 Version):

ULES-00151#2

Archived