Tax On Shoes

Theskeat

Import of Chinese leather shoes into Europe rose by 320 percent over the year April 2004 to March 2005, with a total of 95 million pairs sold in the bloc. Over the same period, imports from Vietnam increased by 700 per cent to 120 million pairs.

If the EU decides to go ahead with anti-dumping measures, they could be applied as soon as Apr. 7 for six months, and could then become definitive for the next five years.

The move could lead to tariffs on imports from the two countries in a bid to protect the European shoe industry, but the Commission says it is too early to say what EU trade commissioner Peter Mandelson could propose.

see also: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4747068.stm

and

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4747186.stm

Stav.

From what small bit I heard it sounded like it was an import tax - a bit like the 'jumper wars' Mandy started a few months back - with far east companies smothering other traders from selling their wares.

If only we - over 'ere - still had slippers to fall back on. Just what other countires make shoes anymore anyway? - do they make steel toe capped clogs?

Sounds like a booming trade for cobblers is coming - with a zero rate and a cap on income tax payable - they may all come to live out 'ere.

A few names for their multi-million pounds pads? - How about Ballaslipon - or maybe Ballalaceup.

Thanks for the links stav, I was already aware of that story. I was more concerned in the source of this:-

Shoes under a certain size will be exempt (kiddies) but the rest of us will be taxed on the size of the shoes we ware, the bigger the shoe the greater the Tax

Having large feet myself, this is disturbing (if true). Can't exactly help the fecking size of my feet now can I?

One of the only things that the EU hasn't taxed yet is the penis.

This is due to the fact that:

40% of the time it's hanging around unemployed

20% of the time it's pissed off

30% of the time it's hard up and

10% of the time it's in a hole.

On top of this it has two dependents and both of them are nuts!

According to the income tax ammendment act 1996, your penis will be

taxed according to its size.

To determine your category, you should refer to Schedule 2 of the Income

Tax return Form 8 which states the following :

10 to 12 inches --------- Luxury tax ---------- £50.00

8 to 10 inches --------- Pole tax -------------- £45.00

6 to 8 inches --------- Privilege Tax ---------- £40.00

4 to 6 inches --------- Nuisance Tax --------- £30.00

Anyone under 4 inches is entitled to a refund of 20%

and special relief as a handicapped person.

Those who exceed 12 inches will be liable for Capital Gains Tax.

If you have any queries, please contact the nearest Income Tax

office. The staff will be only too willing to handle your problem.

Stav.

Thanks for the links stav, I was already aware of that story. I was more concerned in the source of this:-

Shoes under a certain size will be exempt (kiddies) but the rest of us will be taxed on the size of the shoes we ware, the bigger the shoe the greater the Tax

Having large feet myself, this is disturbing (if true). Can't exactly help the fecking size of my feet now can I?

Is it true the bigger the feet the bigger the :rolleyes:

Archived