Steam Packet Announce End Of "sail And Save Scheme"

lfc84

Source:

http://www.steam-packet.co.uk/SteamPacket/...ave++Scheme.htm

The success of the year round programme of special offer fares enabling Steam Packet passengers to benefit from excellent travel opportunities has led to the discontinuation of the Sail & Save scheme. Additionally the launch of our new website in March 2005, has enabled the Company to offer its customers a variety of discounted fares which give superb value for money.

For example, our wide range of current offers, bookable at www.steam-packet.com include

Car + 2 from £98 return

Foot Passenger from £15 single

(prices shown exclude fuel surcharge)

These compare very favourably to 1995 prices of:

Car + 2 from £149 return

Foot Passenger from £16 single

Rupert Trevelyan, Steam Packet Director of Marketing, said: “We are confident that the ability to book online at a discount and pick from our widely available special offers, will give more of our customers the opportunity to book at lower prices throughout the year.“

The Company will honour bookings already made by customers with the intention of taking advantage of the Sail & Save scheme. However no initial bookings made after 1st March 2006 will be valid. Redemptions will be subject to availability and terms and conditions.

The Steam Packet values its customers and is conducting a feasibility study into a broader web based loyalty scheme which could be launched in 2007/8.

The Steam Packet is committed to providing the best possible fares for sea travellers to and from the Isle of Man.

Source:

http://www.steam-packet.co.uk/SteamPacket/...ave++Scheme.htm

The success of the year round programme of special offer fares enabling Steam Packet passengers to benefit from excellent travel opportunities has led to the discontinuation of the Sail & Save scheme. Additionally the launch of our new website in March 2005, has enabled the Company to offer its customers a variety of discounted fares which give superb value for money.

For example, our wide range of current offers, bookable at www.steam-packet.com include

Car + 2 from £98 return

Foot Passenger from £15 single

(prices shown exclude fuel surcharge)

These compare very favourably to 1995 prices of:

Car + 2 from £149 return

Foot Passenger from £16 single

Rupert Trevelyan, Steam Packet Director of Marketing, said: “We are confident that the ability to book online at a discount and pick from our widely available special offers, will give more of our customers the opportunity to book at lower prices throughout the year.“

The Company will honour bookings already made by customers with the intention of taking advantage of the Sail & Save scheme. However no initial bookings made after 1st March 2006 will be valid. Redemptions will be subject to availability and terms and conditions.

The Steam Packet values its customers and is conducting a feasibility study into a broader web based loyalty scheme which could be launched in 2007/8.

The Steam Packet is committed to providing the best possible fares for sea travellers to and from the Isle of Man.

My ass its reasonable, I've booked a car and 2 people for the 8th of April for a week, price £348!

If I didn't have to get stuff from across etc, they would have got a great big " F U C K Y O U "!!!!

My ass its reasonable, I've booked a car and 2 people for the 8th of April for a week, price £348!

We booked a Car + 4 for the week before you, plus a cabin both ways -

3 Adults @ 29.00 87.00 3 Adults @ 33.00 99.00

1 CAR @ 85.00 85.00 1 CAR @ 132.00 132.00

1 Fuel Surch @ 8.00 8.00 1 Fuel Surch @ 8.00 8.00

1 CabPax @ 35.00 35.00 1 CabPax @ 35.00 35.00

STANDARD FARE

BOOKING VALUE 489.00ST

WEB DISCOUNT 9.46ST

CREDIT CARD CHARGE 3.00ST

LESS MONEY PAID 482.54ST

I was quite stunned by the price

We booked a Car + 4 for the week before you, plus a cabin both ways -

3 Adults @ 29.00 87.00 3 Adults @ 33.00 99.00

1 CAR @ 85.00 85.00 1 CAR @ 132.00 132.00

1 Fuel Surch @ 8.00 8.00 1 Fuel Surch @ 8.00 8.00

1 CabPax @ 35.00 35.00 1 CabPax @ 35.00 35.00

STANDARD FARE

BOOKING VALUE 489.00ST

WEB DISCOUNT 9.46ST

CREDIT CARD CHARGE 3.00ST

LESS MONEY PAID 482.54ST

I was quite stunned by the price

Its a bloody con, I tell thee!!!

Foot passenger was £68 return for the 2 of us, so there adding £280 for the car. PLAYED!!!!!

£482.54 - I was quite stunned by the price

I've just done the same week with the same people on the Irish Ferries website Dublin to Holyhead 4 adults with car and cabin and got it to be about £260 all in.

You've been robbed mate. April Fool. :P

I know we have less people on route / less competition etc. but that is a crazy price.

compares badly to the Orkney ferries where local residents get a 20-30% discount out of season and about 10% in season on their ferry routes - their population is only about 25,000

Look at the new owners - somebody has to pay the return on all that invested money - eg the £80M profit made by the investment company did not involve any investment in infrastructure but will be borne by those of us who have to use the ferries + the rest of the Island in incraesed costs of imported goods

it's a bit short notice finishing the scheme, I saw the notice in the examiner today, and you have until 1st March to book !

Hmm .. I understood this:

{/quote]

As: Bookings made after 1st March aren't valid for the scheme, and redemptions are subject to availability and T&Cs (as always); rather than you can't REDEEM after 1st March.

Anyone else understood it that way?

Owen

Archived