Manx Abortion Laws

AndyK

Don't really agree with the availability at ANY stage, except for proven medical reasons. Far better is to educate young girls about the dangers of unprotected sex, and also to return a bit of the taboo of teenage pregnancy, rather than accept it as just one of those things! A bit of fear of being "caught out" would go a long way!

Accidents do happen, but that should be the exception rather than the rule.

And before we get the welter of horrified responses; think about it, it's not just about what is now socially acceptable or morality, it's about the deprivation of a proper teenage life and development for your daughter and the proper upbringing of a child born to a child.

No problem with any of that except I dont believe its anybody's business but girlies.

Its something women need to sort out not men. Choice and control over your bodies by yourselves not by some control freak male.

No, I disagree with you Lone Wolf, the whole issue of teenage pregnancies is something for all of society to get to grips with. A clear steer from everyone one would help, including responsible alpha males!.

I used to find it very depressing walking around Sutton to see so many very young girls pushing prams (or worse, their mothers pushing the prams) and wondering where would the spiral end? I thought it would be different here, it is, but not a lot, I can just see the same starting.

Would agree with you entirely when you talk about older "girlies", however.

The problem is that its natural for teens to become mums. Nature makes human females at their best for reproduction during the teens, its as simple as that. This means that the hormones of those at that age (both male and female) will take precedent over any fear of pregnancy indoctrinated into young people no matter how hard its pushed, and lets face it, it isnt being pushed as society has moved on since the days that young girls were forced into hiding to have their babies before they were forcibly taken from them for adoption and other such horror stories that happened in the name of shame. These days we look after any young girl who finds herself in such a position and to make it shameful would be harmful to them. I think I am rambling and I haven't really even got a point, except that teenage pregnancies will always happen, wanted, aborted, kept or otherwise. Education is there already, its not a burning social issue that needs addressing, its a simple fact of life we have to accept.

Archived