Would Random Workplace Drug Testing Be A Deterrent

manxchatterbox

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is rather interesting first time taking speed

Much better for the kids to be able to seek and get such valuable advice, we didn't have any of that in my day, its becomming more acceptable in our society by the hour.

Time for the hypocracy to end I think. Taking drugs is no more immoral/evil than smoking cigs or getting pissed yet anyone who choses an intoxicant other than the two shit ones they say we can have is demonized by nanny state and the mass brain-washed,

You are free to do what we tell you

the stuff they're on about is more like super-speed, not the sort we were brought up on. It's pretty nasty stuff but has worse effects psychologically and addictive like crack. What do you expect for the future when kids are getting fed stuff like ritalin which is just legal speed. They're bound to 'crank' it up a notch. Nipper, I seriously doubt 'athol street' has a big charlie problem, it's not exactly wall st! You're more likely to find an excess alcohol in the bloodstream rather than coke. bit of spliff perhaps.

I have actually spent some time in Singapore and JK's correct - its very very clean - no litter - no chewing gum - no cig butts - and a no namby pamby attitude to anti social behaviour so there isn't any...

Exactly why there is the problem around here.

Dunno if I am just noticing it more, but there are a lot of people that spit in the street, and that is just plain revolting. Its like being in Calcutta in the 1930's.

Horrible revolting anti social, depraved idiots.

If you spat and got a 150 quid fine I bet you dont do it more than once!

Its like being in Calcutta in the 1930's.

You must be older than you look.....

heh, no.

I spent a year in India a while back and there are signs all over the place left by the British stating to the locals "no spitting"

The Indians are pretty bad for it unfortunatly, but its a way of life almost and dont see anything wrong with it.

Spitting's bad enough, but if you worked around Douglas at night you'd be even more disgusted by the number of males who urinate in the streets.

I saw a girl do it in the street outside the Outback not so long ago.

Very drunk and almost landed in her "produce"

Her boyfriend must have been so proud.

What is it with people these days, just determined to make public areas just an unpleasent place to be.

Makes you wonder what their houses must be like.

On a similar vein, Ballasalla was in the nationals the other day about how much dog mess there was. I dont live there but it must be horrific for it to make the papers.

Gavsta says "On a similar vein, Ballasalla was in the nationals the other day about how much dog mess there was"...

...have you tried walking around Douglas...the pavement along South Quay from the Manx Gas back towards Amadeus House is one example of a minefield....the cinder path to the bottom of Belmont Hill and the pavement up along the Peel Road along Circular Road is another minefield...has anyonme else got any "minefield" examples?

Two Bye-law Inspectors and a Bye-Law Enforcement Officer in Dougals costing ratepayers £90,000 odd a year.....totally inefectual..when was anyone last prosecuted for allowing their dog to foul?

Spitting's bad enough, but if you worked around Douglas at night you'd be even more disgusted by the number of males who urinate in the streets.

Heh, yeah females generally go on the beach.

Top tip - if you're nipping down for a bit of a sunbathe come the summer, don't sit anywhere near the wall... :unsure:

Archived